1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

a REAL race sim

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by Pekwah1, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Pekwah1

Pekwah1 Member

Balance:
    254Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Hi guys,

as the weathers been amazing here in the uk just thought I’d share my other rig that I’ve been making the most of while building my sim.....

7D877798-2FCC-45F1-8167-AB13B1A5C136.jpeg

4911F8E7-AA37-4A48-A207-C03D26C2895B.jpeg

And yes I built this as well!!

also taking it on a proper track with some of my friends next month!

Thanks
    Andy
    • Like Like x 4
  2. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,453Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Wow, that's a nice looking car. You're making me jelous!
  3. ferslash

ferslash Active Member

Balance:
    4,798Coins
    Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -0
    i love those uk hand made cars... i saw year ago a tv show top gear where they were racing one similar and it was pure joy!! :D:D:D what kind of engine you used? how much $$$ you spended?

is it a caterham?

- when i was 5 year old my dad build a "formula bee" (an small car in a formula style made with only mexican parts, the motor was the motor of a vw beattle... i can still say that for that single thing my dad still is my hero... :D (if you have kids... take them to the race track! :D)

best regards from mexico

fer
  4. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    Looks good:thumbs we have quite a few of those in Australia. Use to love my track days, just did not fit my budget when I retired. Still have my car, which is only used now and again on the road. Likely telling you what you already know, but Don't forget to change the oil and add/bleed some high temp brake fluid before hitting the track.
  5. Pekwah1

Pekwah1 Member

Balance:
    254Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Thanks all,

the car is called a Sylva Striker and is basically a copy of a Caterham 7, although a bit smaller and probably the most different looking 7....

It’s got a Ford 2.0 blacktop zetec engine, fairly standard so probably around 140hp but only weighs 500kg!!

going on another track day next month with a few friends, I love racing sims but not as much as I love actually driving!!!
    • Like Like x 1