1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

News Feel VR Direct drive Wheel

Discussion in 'News' started by mariano68, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Krassi

Krassi PLAYGASM

CEO
    Balance:
    363Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ALl Fanatec ones with Load Cell - old CSR Elites, CSL Elites , CSP V1,V2,V3...and all those looks better made and proven in time! All mentioned by me models, which are old and discountinued - can be found even under 100$
  2. CrazyNuf

CrazyNuf Road & open-wheelers

NDE
    Balance:
    - 57Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Motion platform
    Sounds like this product is either never coming out, or it will end up in the same competitive price range as the AccuForce or sim.plicity offerings. Also, augury and some others have reasonable pricing on the stand-alone kits.

For me, I suppose the big justifier is if the button panel and wheel are any good. I just picked up a wheel (motamec 27 Double D) and button panel (penguin rc) for a little under 400 and I could see something like this making the price tag totally worth it. The accuforce is 1k with a 50 dollar wheel and overpriced button plate, nicely discounted to a fair value when bundled.
  3. Phlames

Phlames Member

Balance:
    324Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    seems way to cheap for direct drive. Although I have never used a direct drive wheel I have seen the prices and they have all been up there I currently have a thrustmaster t300 with the alc wheel, is the direct drive wheels really that much better?
  4. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Nobody ever got a wheel from this, and only a handful ever got the pedals (not me though)

And yes, DD is absolutely worth it.
    • Old Old x 1
  5. Phlames

Phlames Member

Balance:
    324Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Wow they said not to trust it. I didnt think it would be good either. there should be some kind of repayment when kick starters dont put out what they said. this is crazy. When you say the direct drive is worth it are you saying because of the strength of the wheel or the accuracy? the t300 has pretty good feedback and I think if anything was too much stronger it might make it hard to drive lol