1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Original Rock'n'Ride

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by Doosh, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Doosh

Doosh New Member

Balance:
    19Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi
    I have had a Rock'n'Ride in storage for 20 years.
    I want to get it up and running on Windows 10.
    Can someone please provide what software I need to get it up and running please - This is all new to me.
    I note that the Rock'n'Ride has a DB9 serial connector. I presume that I need a DB9 to USB converter to get started - connected to the PC.
    Is there software that I can test the operation of the Rock'n'Ride - - ie. testing software?
    What game is suggested to test the Rock'n'Ride with originally.
    Any help is kindly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance.
    Regards
    D
  2. ferslash

ferslash Active Member

Balance:
    4,798Coins
    Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -0
    as far as i know (not to much) you would have to:
    - replace your electronic controler card (it is old and would be hard to work with it)
    - install a new controler card (arduino + moto moster) or (arduino + other kind of motor driver, there are a couple of grate options like jrk from pololu
    - on your computer install and configure simtools (the software made by the guys on this site)

i am doing a simplistic summary but in fact is not that hard...

best regards

fer
    • Like Like x 1