1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SMC3 3dof Motor 3 Only Turning one Direction

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by gabe, May 21, 2020.

1. gabe

gabe New Member

Balance:
    142Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I was able to adjust the pots and motors for motors 1 and 2, but when I got to motor 3, I ran into a problem. I can turn the pot and it displays normal operation on the SMC3 Utility screen, but when the motor turns, it only turns one direction, regardless of what side of the blue target line the pot output is. When the pot value matches the target, the motor stops as expected, but like I mentioned it does not matter which way the pot is turned, the motor only spins in the clockwise direction. I do not have this problem with the other two motors.

I am using SMC3 V1.01 code on an Arduino in Mode 1. I have checked the boards by attaching motor 3 outputs from the Arduino to the board for motor 2 and the same issue then presents itself on motor 2 (so the problem is not in the board). I also checked the voltages at the board input and compared then to what they are at the Arduino and they are the same, so it is not a wiring connection either. It's almost as if SMC3 is only telling the Arduino to send power to the motor without trying to change direction. Is this possible? The only thing I can find that is out of the ordinary is that the voltage on PIN 7 (ENB MOTOR 3) is lower than the voltage on ENB MOTOR 1 and ENB MOTOR 2. While stationary:
    Pin 3 (ENB Motor 1) is reading 4.5V
    Pin 5 (ENB Motor 2) is reading 4.5V
    Pin 7 (ENB Motor 3) is reading 0.4V

I am not using ENA (pins 2,4, and 6) for any motors because my Cytron MD30C boards only have pins for GND, PWM, and DIR. The set up is the same on the working motors as it is in the non-working motor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can handle the mechanical parts, but electronically I am not savvy enough.

Thank You
  2. Leonie

Leonie Leonie & Kübra

Student
    Balance:
    87Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello,
    I was wondering if you have already solved the problem, because I have the exact same one. Tank you in advance.
  3. Leonie

Leonie Leonie & Kübra

Student
    Balance:
    87Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Doesn’t matter anymore. It was just the +/- wire of the motor, they needed to be switched, if this helps anyone.