1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Osw simucube - Aussie build 2020

Discussion in 'Direct Drive Wheels' started by Lol4, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Lol4

Lol4 Member

Balance:
    - 115Coins
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Is an osw simucube still worth it in 2020 for an Australian based build? I saw six degrees YouTube on recent build. Awesome video and well explained. It is about 1600 to 1800 Aus to build (postage etc makes up a fair bit of that unfortunately) That is with no button box and basic rim at best. Accuforce v2 is 1900 ish delivered although 8 week lead time but with button box and rim.

The Aussie dollar will probably remain very average for the foreseeable future so pricing not likely to change much.

Compatibility with games. How much configuration is needed to get it to work with a wide variety of games. How much ongoing tweaking to keep it working.

Ongoing support for simucube by granite given own complete product now. Read in some forum concerns about how long they will continue to support.

Obviously the satisfaction of building yourself and ongoing maintence is much easier if own built but a plug and play solution for the wheel just leaves the motion rig to tinker with.

Interested to hear people's opinion. I am on the fence but leaning towards an accuforce V2. From what I have read the accuforce is not too far from the osw for the average user. Old Barry from srg gave it a not too bad review.
  2. mrbean_phillip

mrbean_phillip New Member

Balance:
    546Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    There are no plans to scrap Simucube development which I am aware of. Mika is almost ready to release a completely reworked FW with quite a few Simucube2 filters and features ported over.

After the Simucube2, imho, this is the best wheel out there to have, it truly is phenomenal.

Cheers,
    Beano
  3. Lol4

Lol4 Member

Balance:
    - 115Coins
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Ended up going with the simucube and small midge. Only way to get a DD wheel in Australia at the moment in a reasonable time and cost. It is a great setup. Very happy.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. mrbean_phillip

mrbean_phillip New Member

Balance:
    546Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Gratz, that will make for many happy laps ^^
  5. JamieMac

JamieMac New Member

Balance:
    32Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey mate. Curious where you ended up buying from?