1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

RafBR 2dof Motion Simulator Restart!

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by rafael_design, Apr 29, 2020.

1. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

CGI Architectural Visualizations with Blender 3D
    Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hello,
    Quarantine times ... Jobs are getting slow so now I have the time to reactivate my 2dof platform.
    It is an old project but it worked very well, except for the AMC controller that did not build right and caused problems in the h-bridge always burning mosfets.

- So now I am replacing the AMC with an Arduino UNO r3.
    - The potentiometers I intend to replace with hall effect sensors. I have 2 types of IC hall but I haven't been able to successfully implement it yet.

Electronics (still with AMC):
    H_Bridge coolers.JPG HB.JPG IMG_1252.JPG IMG_1253.JPG IMG_1254.JPG IMG_1255.JPG IMG_1295.JPG IMG_1530.JPG IMG_1533.JPG IMG_1534.JPG IMG_1547.JPG IMG_1570.JPG IMG_1573.JPG IMG_1593.JPG pcb holes.JPG pcb toner.JPG PCBs Bottom.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  2. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hello, My attempt to reactivate my platform was unsuccessful. First I tested the electronics separately with small motors, etc. and everything is ok. When I tested on the platform the problems started. First in the potentiometers, then a chain reaction burned the dsmhb (bridge h), optocoupler, arduino and just didn't get to the pc by luck. Anyway, I got tired of fighting with dsmhb. I spent more time solving related problems than building my own board or even playing games! I ordered two MM at $ 20 each and I hope this will resolve.
    20200503_134823.jpg
    Troubleshooting dsmhb and optocoupler ics
    20200503_134715.jpg
    Damaged arduino and the one I bougth today
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
  3. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I had already checked it twice but I decided to look again if there was a short circuit between the wiper motors and the platform but no.
    However, I noticed a brief voltage in the wiper motor body caused by induction. Is it normal? Motors mounted in the platform with no HB, strait to 12v car battery.
    There is a very little current as well ~50uA
    Other than that its ok.
    Very afraid of frying my Moto Monsters when they arrive this week.