1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules
value1

Daytona USA Plugin 2.0.0.0

SimTools game plugin for Daytona USA

1. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,462Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    value1 submitted a new resource:

Daytona USA Plugin - SimTools game plugin for Daytona USA

Read more about this resource...
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Boomslangnz

Boomslangnz Active Member SimAxe Beta Tester Gold Contributor

Balance:
    4,163Coins
    Ratings:
    +243 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Video I made last night of my mate on it without traction loss

• Like Like x 4
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What version of the game are you using? Do you have a link? I got a version years ago, but I could not map keys or wheel to it?
  4. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,462Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    You can select the input devices in m2emulator.
    I will write some how-to with step-by-step instructions.
    Not today. I go to sleep now [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Boomslangnz

Balance:
    4,163Coins
    Ratings:
    +243 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Just a couple things that network multiplayer does work with up to 8 pcs if needed

Force feedback works on wheels and strength can be adjusted in cfg

Resolution and widescreen etc can be set in cfg in main directory

Service menu allows you to change things like to endurance mode where instead of 8 laps it's 80 etc for longer races and export for speedo for metric etc

If playing multiplayer it's usually best to load cheat menu and disable time clock while in endurance races etc

If you set up the VR buttons which are the view buttons and hold all 4 while selecting car and track in multiplayer then you will see a white dot up top left which turns off handicap and adds tyre wear so you will spin out etc after a few laps and requires pits to get new tyres etc and catchup is turned off so it's all down to driver skill!

You should be loading the emulator_multicpu.exe too which is for dual core cpus etc

Will only work with original Daytona USA rom, pretty sure none of the other versions will work

Any questions just ask as I know a bit with this game :)
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  7. Boomslangnz

Balance:
    4,163Coins
    Ratings:
    +243 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Yeah load the Daytona rom then press esc if fullscreen. Then up top you will see options and cheats so you will see time limit cheat and turn it on
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. wokcz

wokcz New Member

Balance:
    232Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Awesome plugin! Loved this game back in the 90s, tyvm.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Boomslangnz

Balance:
    4,163Coins
    Ratings:
    +243 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Some stuff which may help :)

-Download m2 Emulator version 1.1a from http://nebula.emulatronia.com/descargas.php
    -Get Daytona USA Rom
    -Create Folder inside Emulator called Roms
    -Place Rom inside that folder

now inside you will see EMULATOR.ini and inside you can adjust resolution, enable FF and change strength etc

eg (for Full HD set)
    FullScreenWidth=1920
    FullScreenHeight=1080

(To Enable Anti Aliasing)
    FSAA=1 ;Enable full screen antialiasing in Direct3D

(To enable FF for wheels)
    EnableFF=1 ;Enable Force Feedback Effects

etc etc

Now Run Emulator_MultiCPU.exe and go to Emulator and Load Rom and choose Daytona USA. Once loaded you should go to Game and Configure Controls.
    make sure you tick the boxes next to Steering, Accelerate and Brake and set them up how you wise button wise etc making sure you set Service and Test Buttons.

Make sure under Video that FullScreen Resolution is set to Custom to use your selected resolution

Now hit the Test Button and you will go to Test Mode and hit the service button to move through menu and Test Button to select/change things. If you wish to remove the need for Coins etc then go to Coin Assignment and change Coin/Credit Setting to Free Play.

Now go to Game System and for Single Player then change Link ID to SINGLE.
    Set Car Number to whatever you wish
    I personally set Cabinet to Twin
    Country I set Export as I like English language and KM/H but set to USA for American for MPH or JPN for Japanese
    Difficulty set to whatever you want but I leave at Normal
    Advertise Sound is if you want the music etc playing while in Attract Mode (Remember this was an arcade game so it ran all the time so they showed off cutscenes etc while they weren't being played on)
    Game Mode you have Normal (standard arcade version) Grand Prix (slightly longer races) Endurance (Even Longer Races)
    make sure you then go down to EXIT and then EXIT again for it to save and remember for future

If you want Network Multiplayer then you need a couple more steps Instead of Link ID being set to SINGLE, you would set 1 PC as the Master and all other PC's are set as Slaves. Sega used a ring fibre network system in which case they didn't all connect to a single switch etc PC 1 linked to PC2 which linked to PC3 which linked to PC4 which then linked back to PC1 for a 4 player system so for a 2 player or 2 PC system you need to load up Notepad on each PC

PC#1 would have this
    [Network]
    RxPort=9101
    NextIP=(ip of PC #2 eg 192.168.1.5)
    NextPort=9102
    FrameSync=1

and PC#2 would have this
    [Network]
    RxPort=9102
    NextIP=(ip of PC#1 eg 192.168.1.4)
    NextPort=9101
    FrameSync=1

Save these as m2network.ini in the main emulator directory of each PC and make sure 1 PC is set as Master and other is set as Slave. Now simply load the roms of both PCS (make sure you check firewall!) and they will connect up together and you are good to go!

I suggest turning on time limit cheat while doing endurance races as personally we spend more time slamming into each other etc so time limit isn't such a concern and sucks when it runs out of time, you can do this in the emulator before you start races etc by turning time limit cheat on for both

and Hold all 4 VR buttons on every simulator before selecting track to turn off handicap mode (white dot will appear top left) which adds tyre wear and turns off catch up mode, skill level picks up big time.

Few Random things you can do

No CPU cars
    Hold Start at the transmission select screen. The message "Real Racers Only" will appear. Have all players hold Start while selecting a transmission. If done correctly, there will be no CPU cars during game play.

Reversed tracks listing
    Race a track in reverse. If you qualify for the high score list, the letter "R" will appear next to your name.

Alternate view
    Hold Start and press View 2 + View 3 + View 4.

Time attack mode
    Hold Start and press Accelerate at the transmission selection screen. Only player-controlled cars will appear in this mode. If you qualify for the high score list, the letters "T.A." will appear next to your name.

No handicap mode
    Note: This can only be done on multi-player machines. Press View 1 + View 2 + View 3 + View 4 at the track selection screen. A small white dot will appear in the top left corner of the screen to confirm correct code entry. This prevents cars not in first place to have a higher top speed to allow them to catch up. This is only enabled In multi-player races when more than half of the players use the code.

anyway have fun guys!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  10. Boomslangnz

Balance:
    4,163Coins
    Ratings:
    +243 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Oh one more thing which may satisfy you @bsft and anyone else who wants better graphics etc :) (I didn't mention previously as I was worried it may not work with motion but I can confirm it still does)

I personally run the original Daytona USA rom as I like the nostalgia but a user by the name Nuexzz
    Modified the graphics of the game adding HD textures etc http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137497.0.html

If you download his emulator files you will need to copy the emulator_multicpu.exe from the previous downloaded version to this new one which is he calls Daytona USA++ as it doesn't seem to have this file and I believe this is all the motion plugin is looking for currently

You can set up some settings in the Daytona ++ exe file and I would change to Twin mode rather than deluxe in test menu etc

Now plugin will need to point to new directory obviously and load the emulator_multicpu.exe for the new graphics etc (it takes about 20-40 seconds to load up the rom as it needs to load the new textures etc)

Another option if required and his download link is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B637CSO6oe1fa1prVDUzeXlCWk0/edit?usp=sharing
    • Like Like x 4
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Beawdy mate! That will help my OCD.
  12. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks fellas, I have not fiddled with the graphics settings yet.
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Boomslangnz

Balance:
    4,163Coins
    Ratings:
    +243 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Comparison between the 2 different versions

make sure you click auto switch to fullscreen @bsft
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  15. Leandro Kemp

Leandro Kemp Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hello.
    Which version of the game does it work on?
    I only managed to play Dayton93 here, but the simtools didn't work.
    In the patch you have no option to choose which folder to indicate.
    Did I do something wrong?
  16. Leandro Kemp

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    In Daytona (no 93) this network information appears when i try to open the game.

Attached Files:

17. paulopsx2

paulopsx2 Active Member

Balance:
    616Coins
    Ratings:
    +163 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    for 2 players, ( or more until 4 ) you have to put a notepad file on each pc !
    About game, just ignore message about network. its a internal link for use with service mode on a real arcade physical machine. Go to emulator.ini file, adjust resolution and another parameters ( as you wish ) and save. Run emulator multi cpu.exe, game configure controls. after this, emulator , load rom, test mode, adjust settings, as describe on Boomslang post and have fun !
    ( qualquer coisa chama no whats rs )
  18. Leandro Kemp

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    It worked.
    Thank you.
  19. Boomslangnz

Balance:
    4,163Coins
    Ratings:
    +243 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Perhaps if @value1 is reading this he can also add Daytona Championship USA most likely fairly easily

It uses original Daytona USA rom to run game with updated graphics etc so same original offsets tend to work

Rambase is imageBase+0x15B46A0
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2020
  20. paulopsx2

paulopsx2 Active Member

Balance:
    616Coins
    Ratings:
    +163 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    try to patch the same file, just rename .exe see if works !