1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

2DOF SIM FINISH

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by toofast, Aug 21, 2018.

1. susocalfail39

susocalfail39 Member

Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I feel nostalgic for the coiba cigars in the cigar box where I tried the system haha
    :roll:think
    • Like Like x 1
  2. toofast

toofast Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I apologize, I had not read any of the simultaneous translations in two languages. I had only ever read to moderators remembering that you always write in English at least. But nothing not to write in the original text too.
    I do it because if I write in my language and then the translator changes the meaning to many words, the reader who re-translates it into their (different) language will make the translation even worse.
    So I put the original text so that each one takes this text to translate directly into his own, without going through the mistake that the English translator has made. I don't know if I explain.
    For this reason I also write the text in Spanish and without accents, so as not to mess with the translator.
    So if any moderator reads this post and wants to correct me, please do so and I will stop writing in Spanish, I will only do so in English. Thank you and sorry in that case.

Pido disculpas, no había leido nada de las traducciones simultaneas en dos idiomas. Solo habia leido alguna vez a moderadores recordando que siempre se escriba en ingles al menos. Pero nada de no escribir en tambien el texto original.
    Yo lo hago porque si escribo en mi idioma y luego el traductor cambia el sentido a muchas palabras, el lector que lo vuelva a traducir a su idioma (diferente) la traduccion sera aun peor.
    Asi pues pongo el texto original para que cada uno coja este texto para traducir directamente al suyo, sin pasar por el error que haya cometido el traductor de ingles. No se si me explico.
    Por esto tambien escribo el texto en Castellano y sin acentos, para no liar al traductor.
    Asi que si algun moderador lee este post y quiere corregirme, porfavor hagalo y dejare de escribir en Castellano, solo lo hare en ingles. Gracias y perdon en ese caso.
  3. toofast

toofast Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Yesterday I answered you through my mobile and there was a problem, he repeated the answer several times. Sorry.
    If you read my answer again you will see that it responded to near my seat, as I did and I also replied that on ebay you might find one.
    I hope it helps. Regards.

Ayer te respondi a traves de mi movil y hubo un problema, repitio varias veces la respuesta. Perdon.
    Si vuelves a leer mi respuesta veras que respondi a cerca de mi asiento, como lo consegui y tambien te respondi que en ebay a lo mejor encuentras alguno.
    Espero que te sirva de ayuda. Saludos.
  4. susocalfail39

susocalfail39 Member

Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    If when using the translator, you have to put the page in English before writing the translation, what I do is, open another tab and use the Google translator, press the control + c key after selecting all the translated text, and I go back to the tab of the page that has to be in English and press the control key + v so that it translates what was translated before.
    But beware, I do not know if it is allowed or not to write in 2 languages, I do it this way, so there is no confusion with those who do not speak Spanish. It is a bit of a mess, but when you get used to it, it is easy and useful for more things, greetings, countryman.
  5. susocalfail39

susocalfail39 Member

Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I did not get any repeated message, and nothing from the seat, I do not know if you deleted them, it is that I still connected today at this time to know the subject, it was just out of curiosity, I like those recreational type seats.
  6. susocalfail39

susocalfail39 Member

Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    apparently if you can put 2 languages, I just got a complaint from the moderator, because I accidentally put one in Spanish, and if it is possible, anyway I will only answer you in translated English, I prefer that, but nothing happens to put 2 languages as long as it is English, sorry I do not find out haha.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. toofast

toofast Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    "If when using the translator, you have to put the page in English before writing the translation, what I do is, open another tab and use the Google translator, press the control + c key after selecting all the translated text, and I go back to the tab of the page that has to be in English and press the control key + v so that it translates what was translated before"
    This is exactly that I do.
    I've reading year about this community and I never read nothing wrong about writer 2 languages.
  8. toofast

toofast Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    "The chair was a great luck. A friend knew a person who had a large warehouse full of old video game machines, and he let me in and take the one I liked best. My seat is from the famous' 90s sega arcade machine. On eBay I have seen some parts, but they are expensive. The truth is that it gives the simulator a very nice image in my opinion."
    That's I response you yesterday.
    Have a nice day.
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  9. Halloween2go

Halloween2go Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,407Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Good video on your RIG.. That seat looks very light weight! My seat weighs a LOT and even with the monitor mounted on the rig I get awesome response. If I build a 6DOF I have definitely use a lot lighter seat like the one you are using. Nice Job
  10. Ricardo Soares

Ricardo Soares New Member

Balance:
    83Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    How are you? Does Arduino need Sketch to work?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2021
  11. toofast

toofast Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I don't understand what "sketch" is. Arduino needs to install its libraries, and connect to the computer by USB and voltage supply separately. After arduino is understood with the xsim program when configuring the USB port and other parameters.
    Then you have to follow the instructions in the tutorials that you will find in the forum for fine tuning.
  12. Ricardo Soares

Balance:
    83Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Sketch is the reading program that installs inside Arduino would be a language, but does Xsim do the programming?
  13. toofast

toofast Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Honestly, I no longer remember it perfectly. I did it several years ago, I would have to read the installation tutorials again. I think you have to install the arduino program to copy the libraries to the card. Maybe that show was skecht, I don't remember. Once the libraries are installed, it is never used again.
  14. Ricardo Soares

Balance:
    83Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Thank you so much for answering I want to build one based on your Arduino Uno project I would like to know which pot you used, sorry so many questions, I have all the parts here 12v Ibt-2 wiper motor pot source I'm assembling now
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2021
  15. toofast

toofast Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I use hall type sensors that together with a resistor to filter interference can be assembled inside a tube to which two small and powerful neodymium magnets are attached. The tube is inserted into a small bearing. These do not wear out because there are no contacts and they have no end so if your engine turns completely they will not break. It is not the simplest but it is the most durable.
  16. toofast

toofast Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    correction, the component that is soldered to the sensor is a 100nf capacitor. and the hall types that work are the hall type SS495A and SS495A1
    • Agree Agree x 1