1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DisplayXR - Similar at an McL F1 Display

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by crobol, Nov 9, 2009.

1. crobol

crobol New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    From XtremeRacers we are grateful with Gaboni/Calvorota/Nye by develop the DisplayXR project, and we want to share it with all of you.
    Is a complete DIY project, not an article to sell.

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2EK02XUwhA

This display is developed with a strong DIY philosophy. The deal is to build your self this display, for this reason all documentation and software to build and run it are available for everybody and protected by a Creative Commons License.[​IMG]

Some features of this display are :
    • 15 leds to rpm
    • 4 leds on each side, for grip loose. Other implementations on future
    • 1 gear indicator
    • 2 digital displays with 4 digits to see information like fuel level, speed, rpm, temp oil, temp water...etc
    • 12 buttons
    • 2 rotary switches (12 positions 1pole) for setting internal parameters (currently working), but also for sending message requests to the software (future use, not yet available)
    • 2 rotary switches (12 positions 1pole) to emulate a rotary encoder behaviour
    • 12 extra buttons or 1 extra rotary switch (depends on configuration)
    • 2 analogue axis (8 bit)
    • 3 servo RC outputs (simulate analog gauges i.e.)

PD Display 2 is the software used to read data from simulators and send it to the Display XR. Right now it supports :
    • rFactor,
    • GTR,
    • GTR2,
    • GT Legends,
    • Race07/GTR-Evolution (Steam version)
    • Richard Burns Rally (has limited support)

On our Spanish forum you can find all information released at the moment : DisplayXR forum

And here yo have a compilation of information with English and French Google translations :: DisplayXR Compilation Thread

For non Spanish speakers, you can use this thread on X-Sim or this other in XtremeRacers.info to post your impressions, questions and any idea you want to share.

Firmware by Gaboni
    PCB design by Calvorota
    PD Display Software by Nye

All documentation and software published is under Creative Commons License. [​IMG] Read carefully the license conditions.

The documentation like Firmware and PCB card plans or the PD display Software still under continuous developing. Stay tuned to use always the last versions.

We are in the way to finish the manual in Spanish. Maybe we will need help to translate in other languages.

We hope you enjoy it.
  2. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,838Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Re: DisplayXR - McL PCU-6C replica

I love that display and the license model :)

Does it fit without modifications into the dimensions of a g25 or porsche wheel?
  3. jimiTES

jimiTES New Member

Balance:
    - 45Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  4. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Thanks for sharing! Although it looks very nice, there is no English documentation for it. Even the controlling software is in Spanish.

Would be nice if they translated the most important stuff for the rest of us! :)
  5. crobol

crobol New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yep... translate to English will be the next step, but it seems it will be the hardest job.... :lol:

But for some one like you, with your experience, no translation needed. Only with the PCB plans and electronic schema, the components list and the firmware you are able to build that, I'm sure.... :thbup:

In our forum, we have an english section for questions & doubts

If after your guide of Mjoy16 construction, you want to try to build this, feel free to make photos of the process and write a little guide for members of X-Sim. :clap:

I have made an extensive guide in Spanish, but I don't feel able to translate all at English... :eek:
  6. ne02005

ne02005 Member

Balance:
    105Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF

It's works real well!!! I've just builded, and works perfect!!!! Thanks Xtremeracers!!!!
  7. willynovi

willynovi Member

Balance:
    354Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

neO2005, I am happy hearing you saying that, enjoy it.

regards
  8. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Is it possible to use the display with the X-Sim USO? It would be great if someone posted the PCB files along with the parts list. Maybe schematics too? :)
  9. willynovi

willynovi Member

Balance:
    354Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Frakk, the DisplayXR has its own firmware and software that manages almost any racing game, and its fully configurable.

All the info you need to built it is free in XtremeRacers Forum, and you can download it without being logged, I think.