1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Anyone with a wiper motor G seat that can share axis/filter for comparison

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Trigen, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Everything is ground isolated so it would have to be psu to power issue but i doubt it. My main issue now is oscillation and overshoots, It extremely rare for it to just stop now.
  2. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ive been tweaking and testing for about 10 hours now and my main issue is oscillation and overshoot (it dont just stop) .

If i want smooth settings and low KD to avoid oscillations i need to use these settings. The problem here is that the motors never get up to the peak on the sine and lack power.

smooth settings.jpg

On the other side if i want it to follow the curve i need to use these settings, its does not feel smooth going down the curve. It will still oscillate on large changes when low load is on the flaps (im even considering adding springs) and i need to reduce the main level to about 97 and below. (its clipped on the low side)

follow curve.jpg

How important for the over/undershoot and oscillation issues is it to keep on the curve. Any tips?
  3. titomaky

titomaky Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    175Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
    Debe usar un condensador de 100 microfaradios para evitar los parásitos en sus sensores. Debe conectarse entre el negativo y la señal del sensor.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Qlittles

Qlittles Active Member

Balance:
    226Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hello! I, too, am working on a g-seat with wiper motors, and am encountering overshooting and oscillation. Have you figured out a solution?
  5. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    We discovered that it may be due to Ardunio overload and if you ground port 8 it will go into 115 baud rate so you set that in simtools. PS the 115 wont vork with the SMC app.

For me that didnt actually work but i thought it did at first. Then once i got my rig and moved it to the other side for the room i never had the issue again, that's until yesterday. Ive moved my rig back and forth a few times Maybe the usb cable got a kink as i havent had any issue for a long time and both ardunios are genuine. Im going to try setting up my laptop over network and see what happens. Try the Baud option though.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Qlittles

Qlittles Active Member

Balance:
    226Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Wow! Thanks for the quick response - i'll give it a try :)