1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

3DOF Arduino Sabertooth 4 x 24v wheelchair motors

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by BartS, Sep 10, 2011.

1. BartS

BartS Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    I have changed my course of direction guys, sorry for not reply sooner as I'm busier than ever, I also have 2year old boy to keep happy.
    I have change course of direction for my simulator, I no longer have faith with the support of xsim free software because of what has happened here with sir noname, I also don't blame him for wanting to make money out of his excellent and unique software and I also think he diserves he should altho many people will feel disheartened because they got a free product and believed that it would be permenant.
    I only intend to support rfactor for my own simulator or more-so only rfactor2 by means of a .dll game plugin, hence my lack of input and feedback here.
    My only intrests in a motion simulator where to power rfactor as it is the best racing simulation available, imho please dont argue with me, its a fact you will not find a beter sim anywhere else compared to rfactor 2.
    From the start of my project I only ever planned on support for just this one game and possibly MS flight simulator at a later date.
    What I'm planning to offer for sale is the right to use my rfactor2 plugin by purchase only. to export data to an arduino controller by analogue pwm signal or digital USART output to leading and common motor drivers such as pololu or DE sabertooths etc.
    The plugin will be freely available and only work for a certain time of a session or number of laps so you can try it out for free and see what it actually has to offer.
    My plugin is customizable to the effects you feel of the car such as pitch roll yaw to heave lateral and longitudinal forces, my simulator setup is designed in a unique way as each quadrant of the car is powered by a motor, hence each of my 4 motors control the suspension travel, brake lockup and kerb hitting effects of each wheel of the vehicle etc. A much more realistic sim and pretty much only atainable by a dedicated plugin.
    Other than that I've recently exploited the use of 4mbps+ serial communication atleast with my device, a massive leap in terms of getting data to my motion controller. As far as I know most other controllers are limited by the standard 115200bps I will see them off at 4000000bps guaranteed. ( This has kept me grinning for a few weeks since I worked out a way to make it possible).
    I will try keep up to date here but if u need updates just ask and I will post.
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok then, so what do we need to do to try the plug in?
    Is there a download for it?
  3. BartS

BartS Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    I will announce the plugin here when it is finished, theres various things for me to sort out yet like program security and encryption.
    The plugin will feature a motion controller serial in/out and a dashboard controller serial in/out, I currently have them built into the same plugin with a config file to enable / disable features but I will probably separate the two closer to release.
    Rfactor 2 is still in development and the plugin features unfortunatly are not finalised yet so it would be unwise to release anything until the company confirms .
    I cant wait to release it ASAP this community will be the first to know and to try the motion plugin.
  4. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    NOFI and good to see people doing their own research and development but you also contradict yourself.

At first you complain about x-sim no longer being free, which is wrong since it still is. Only if you want to play it offline you need to make a small donation which is used for development, (rfactor) server rent etc. not for sirnoname's pocket.

After falsely complaining about it no longer being free you are trying to make money out of your own plugin.

Once again, NOFI, but how contradicting is that?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All I see lately is LOTS of info about development for new motion controllers but nothing actually working. Not even a demonstration video!!??? Come on, how TOP SECRET can it be?

And not to offend you Bart, but how exactly 4MBps would be better? I mean you still need refresh rate of 34722 per second to actually make use of this flood of data. I don't think arduino microcontroller can do anything with this large amount of data unless its main loop is just a NOP ...

Anyway, good luck with it. This is a DIY community.
  6. BartS

BartS Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    I have no comment, nor time to get into explaining myself and these pointless comments and questions. Just let me finish my project and all will become clear.
    @Flo : regardless of what x-sim is, it cannot provide my simulator with the data I need to make my project work the way I want it to work.
    @Tron : 4mbps was just a test to see how fast I can push communication, I think my coding is efficient enough to go somewhat faster, be it necessary or not. At 115200bps I couldnt get my desired refresh loop for the amount of bytes I needed, I was also having problems with pid and other interrupts. 1mbps has cleared up alot of timing issues. It leaves plenty more time for 16-bit pot resolution filtering on 7 sensors and pid for 7 motors.
    But the more I write the more you will ask me to explain, yes its a 3Dof expandable to a 6Dof simulator SimforceGT style.
  7. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    zzzzzzzzzzzz.........snort.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................
  8. agil24

agil24 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First of all I want to express my admiration for all of you, is simply amazing what do you do here, really a do not have enough words to express my self :clap: .

I have several questions ( I am very sorry for my ignorance on the field):

Do you have to program the VM110 K8055 or it already came pre-programmed from the factory?
    Is out there some motor driver system for 3 motors (for 3 dof simulator)?...

I was inspired for you guys and I want to build a simulator cockpit with 3 DOF to my son and the kids of my neighborhood.

Thank you all in advance.

P.D.: Sorry for my bad English :blush: .
  9. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,890Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,083 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello BartS !

What's new here ? Have you finally achieve your project ?

I've built a 2 DOF arduino playseat and now ... i'm looking forward a 3 DOF !
    or a even better with a 4 DOF if you succeeded !!! :D

Mat
  10. Martin van Hagen

Martin van Hagen not trying brings you nothing! SimAxe Beta Tester Gold Contributor

Instrument Engineer
    Balance:
    881Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I am wondering after reading all the, sometimes crazy, developments of this discussion, where it all went? It seems like it went all up in smoke... POOF!
    A bit of an anti climax after such a promising build-up.... Does anyone have an idea where it all went?:confused:
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is long gone and dead. the original author realised he was trying to outwit people whom know what they are doing, while he had actually no idea whatsoever .
    Who in their right mind would pay for an arduino code?
    This guy, Barts was commercial in disguise and was constantly corrected in other threads he commented on.
    He thought he knew and constantly had to change feet in his mouth.
    its over people.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Martin van Hagen

Martin van Hagen not trying brings you nothing! SimAxe Beta Tester Gold Contributor

Instrument Engineer
    Balance:
    881Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi bsft How sad! & what a shame of the wasted time....
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sad nothing! People have progressed further in this forum than this time wasting idiot.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Troll?
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Che Franklin

Che Franklin im alot brighter than i look.. Gold Contributor

Balance:
    593Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino

and super easy to set up and use i was impressed im actually doing the same thing as above but to a chair and 4 wheelchair motors