1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Dirt Rally 2.0 vr settings

Discussion in 'Dirt Series' started by f1iceman, Mar 24, 2020.

1. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    Hi everyone

i am trying to sort Steam version of dirt rally 2.0 out so it looks nice and plays nice i have had it from launch and it was that bad i have never even bothered to run it after that.

now many moons ahead i am back to try get it running after all this time so i have since tried again and i just can not take to it when i run the orginal its almost perfect have no issues but the 2.0 is terrible for me.
    so is the FFB on my TSPC Racer.

Please with a very big PLEASE is there any tricks to sort this out.

System is....
    i7700k 5.0ghz
    32ram Trident G Skill
    Asus Posidon GTX1080ti over clocked very well.
    water cooled system

Thank you in advance for any help given.

I would like to start to play this 2.0 but in its state on my system, i just can not when i have dirt rally orginal that play perfect clear as day and runs at 1.8ss with full whack graphics at 90fps.
  2. Keith

Keith Active Member

Electrician
    Balance:
    118Coins
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    What head set are you using? I have it running as good as possible on my oculus rift s using a gtx 1070. I can hold 80 fps but obviously have a lot of settings turned down
  3. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    Thats for responding.
    I have cv1 1080ti
    I have a rift s but it will not run very well with the motion bounces too much on my head and get a jerky jittery image then my eyes can keep up.
  4. Keith

Keith Active Member

Electrician
    Balance:
    118Coins
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I see. Are you launching the game in oculus vr mode? Make sure the steam vr does not open. Go into geforce experience and enable anti aliasing 16x. Then disable anti aliasing in the game. That helped me a lot.

Here's a performance guide I used. He explains how to enable anti aliasing in the geforce experience.

5. Keith

Keith Active Member

Electrician
    Balance:
    118Coins
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Oh and I have super sampling set to 1.2 and I had to turn ground cover right off. Ground cover takes a massive amount of performance.
  6. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    I have done somethings like the nvidia settings.
    I will have another look but my patience is not there, dr original is just wicked tbh, it works everytime, is also maxed out everything with 1.7ss.
    Runs 90fps no problems nice and clear.
    Then i goto dr2 and its a mess for me.
    Wheels is a pain too.

Tbh it my head theses days i tend to struggle to think right, used to be ok with it all, just going thru a memory blip i think,i just get headaches thinking.

Will let ya no how i get on.

Thank you so far for joining my pain ! Lol