1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. Gabor Pittner

Gabor Pittner Active Member

Balance:
    1,294Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I know its very hard to fix a controller oriented properly but Im affraid you dont have any other chance recently. I have a vive tracker its much easier to fix. It works that orientation only as you see on the picture my last post, the USB connector is up. :rolleyes:
    At first I fixed the tracker on the back of the seat, but there was a huge vibration at there. I couldn see anything just vibrated word :(
    I hope Pimax will develope this solution too especially resetting zero orientation.
  2. benmax

benmax Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,550Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    hi fflypt ,
    first setup and great . I put the 6dof rotating actuators dimensions and first test perfect . No need to use scaling factor to get travel real = travel soft ( Before scaling was 1,971 ).
    my questions /notices :
    1- what are the values into 6dof rotating actuators you ask for pose limits . Is it the comlplete travel ? into setup you mention travel = 2 range . For exemple I setup 85 degres for range that means the travel is 85 x 2 = 170 degres .
    Is the crank arm travel or , fort exemple i won't have pitch = 30 degres .did i put for exemple 30 degres and is is the complete travel or half ? same question for sway , surg , heave .
    2-with thanos output i click first connect but when i click once to disconnect the rectangle stay red and no disconnect i suppose . to get it working i go into the box thanos and the choose disconnect in the menu and it works .(ahah great the effect with the color changing from yellow to red ;) or red to yellow ! )
    that's all for now . thnks foir your amazing job hug:
  3. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    That problem with Thanos output is strange.
    I have is controller (but no motors) and it seems to work.
    I will test again.

For rotating actuators:

Travel is 2xRange. Range=85 means travel is 170 degrees, between -85 and 85, being 0 the middle.
    You can set the middle angle for example to 20º. that means the rotation goes between -85+20 to 85+20º being 0º the horizontal plane.
    It's a bit confusing...

Pose is the position and orientation of the top platform.
    When that data reaches the actuators calculation, it can be a sum of multiple poses.
    So I added to the rig a way to limit the pose movements to avoid collisions or be sure the rig works inside a specific envelope.
    If you say sway is limited to 200mm, you are saying sway works only inside -200 to 200.
    Actuators are not limited by it directly, but they wont move to a position that requires less than -200 or more than 200 of sway.
    Again, pose defines orientation and position of the platform and actuators are calculated to reproduce that pose.

But! The pose is made relative to the platform. Sway, surge and heave are generated from the rotated platform.
    So if you have the rig with 45º roll, sway is going in that direction, not horizontally.
  4. benmax

benmax Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,550Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thx for clarifications !
    For Thanos board just test and don’t waste much time on this !
    I always have some problem with com port , between my direct drive the soft i use and Thanos board !
    It’s always tricky i often have to plug unplug my usb cable for the direct drive . I forgotten to mention windows also !
  5. Gabor Pittner

Gabor Pittner Active Member

Balance:
    1,294Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Yes, it happens with me too, and also with PCars 2 when in focus. The hotkey works for me only in Assetto Corsa without issue.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    FlyPT Mover 2.9.5

upload_2020-3-24_17-0-29.png

New version with:

- Corrected bug in Thanos output, that did not allow choosing actuators correctlly.
    Also updated test for 16 bits actuators (they should be 16 bits for the Thanos board)

- Added new rig with just one linear actuator.
    That actuator as a fixed side and another that moves to the pose position.
    Not the same as a direct. A direct converts a value to an actuator position, while here the position depends on the pose.

Download in first post
    • Winner Winner x 5
  7. JAD

JAD Active Member

Balance:
    1,446Coins
    Ratings:
    +141 / 3 / -0
    Just a minor bug report.
    If com port is empty in outputs, then you get this cascade of error messages.
    Easy to overcome at the moment with repetitive presses of the enter key.
    Not a show stopper right now so fix at your leisure.

upload_2020-3-29_18-3-10.png
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I tend to turn off PT mover when im doing other stuff and i have to say the thing i miss the most is that it opened the last profile on startup before. Would love to see a an option to set the default startup profile in the future.
  9. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    You know that you can launch any profile you want directly from config file ?
  10. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I dont see any in the install folder. Mind giving me a path or filename?
  11. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    - File management changes:
    No more last setup. Mover starts empty.
    Double click in file allows you to open a setup if you associated the .Mover extension in the options.

In the folder where you installed FlyPT Mover you can save your MOVER file (.Mover). Right click on it and where it says "Open With" point it toward FlyPT Mover.exe. Then for now on any configuration file that you made will automatically open FlyPT Mover with that configuration loaded when you double click on it.
  12. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Right! feeling smart :D
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ive noticed when you start the latest version if you power on the system before starting Mover it will run the axis backwards and beyond the crop limit. If it gets an error it can also just go a bit crazy. Ive wrecked a couple of printed pot parts but it takes 10 min to print a new so its not the end of the world. just be careful to power down before start and (which it does say) shutdown
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  14. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    For the moment there is no presets. They will come in the near future in the package. You can create them yourself by « FILE -> SAVE AS » and start mover directly with your saved presets.

To associate the config files with mover go to « OPTIONS -> » and click « Associate (....) executable »
  15. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I have another question.

I wish to have my center point at 380 bit output and my max at 800. Now what ive done to get the center point is to add a -60 (ignore the pic nr) to 100 on the range. This works to get the center to 380 but the max range is still 1024. I can add a logistic filter at 75 to get it to stop at 800 but as far as i know its no longer linear? I'm mostly assuming this is the way to do it but is there another way of limiting (you can calculate logistics for 80% on the dofs of course) the range?

axis range logistic.png
  16. Peacemaker105

Peacemaker105 Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,975Coins
    Ratings:
    +352 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hey so I've been having some issues with ptmover slowing down, I'll try tuning and then after a bit it starts to chug at like 5fps so its hard to gauge whats happening with the sliders and 3d viewer.. i tried turning on max cpu usage to no avail. Open task manager and cup usage isn't maxed out or anything.. only since 2.9 i think.. could it be too many filters or something? I dont think im going overboard or anything. Anyone else have this issue?
  17. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    HI,

Send me your setup file.
    Might be an hole in the threads.

Thank' s
  18. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Give me some time, I'm not forgotten about your problems.
    We are going to solve it.
  19. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    @Trigen,

Did you try the remap filter, to displace the values and scale them. Might solve the issue.
  20. PeterW

PeterW alias Wickie

Dipl. Ing. Mb (FH)
    Balance:
    1,608Coins
    Ratings:
    +360 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hello @pmvcda

Before I come to my request, I would like to thank you again for your great work with the Mover tool!!! You are a genius!!!
    But now to my request. I have now tried several times to understand the filters and to adapt them to my current settings (which I have taken over from your program). But for me its very difficult to understand. I am only able somehow to use the EMALP - Filters. So the movements of my rig are now nearly perfect. BUT a crash at high speed is much, much too violent! I have already bolted my rig to the ground, but the movements are not acceptable. Now I have already tried several times to use a crash filter like SPIKE or EDYNLP. But so far without success - I'm quite frustrated now, because I can't get any usable result.

So I have many questions using the SPIKE filter:
    - Parameter 2: You write "is the window where the filter has no effect"
    My question: Which "window"? What do you mean exactly?
    - Parameter 3: You write "is the strength of the spike removal"
    My question: Whats the dimension of "strength" and whats the range?

I have also tried to understand how the SPIKE filter works with help a rectangular loop. I can see some changes in the graph, but I never get the desired effect on the rig.

My request: can you please give me concrete recommendations how and with which values I can use SPIKE filters?
    Here are my current settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/exsd3kr3tgn1yn3/Mover-Settings-26032020.Mover?dl=0
    Thanks a lot!!!!
    Wickie