1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DOF reality h3 / h6 owners, would you go with the p3 /p6 in retrospect?

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Sean Link, Feb 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Sean Link

Sean Link New Member

Balance:
    67Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hey everyone. Like many other threads I too have been mulling the decision to purchase a motion system.

I am settled on either the h3 or p3 models.

Obvious is the cost savings with the h3, but I am left wondering about performance vs the p3. Clearly the p3's upgraded motors will result In better performance, but for enthusiast home use, is it justified?

-H3/ h6 owners, do you have to run your kits on maximum settings to get the feel you are looking for?
    -P series owners, do you find yourselves running your rigs above or below 50% power normally?

H series owners, looking back, would you have preferred to spend the extra money for the p series motors?

Thanks everyone!
  2. SimulatorLSZX

SimulatorLSZX New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 29Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    We actually purchased the Professional P6, but are not already satisfied.
    Motors are brushed, resolution of position measurement and precission is not really good
  3. detail

detail New Member

Balance:
    47Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Can you expand on it? Are you saying it isn’t accurate? Does it not match the visual on the screen/headset? Is it jerky?
  4. Sloan

Sloan New Member

Balance:
    64Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I'm close to setting up my h6 and will be happy to follow up with my impressions if that helps?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. detail

detail New Member

Balance:
    47Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Would love that. I do flight sims and would like to get a H6/P6.
  6. detail

detail New Member

Balance:
    47Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Any update?
  7. Sloan

Sloan New Member

Balance:
    64Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hey there and sorry for the delay in responding.

Life has been a little nuts. I will post a full review in the next few days over in the main DOFReality thread - but in the meantime I've found the H6 to do everything I need it to, both for flight sims and racing. Your original question was regarding whether to go H6 or P6 and all I can say is that the H6 does work well for me. I'm about 155 pounds and have a ton of gear strapped to the rig. If I really think about it I'll admit I notice a fraction of a delay in the in-game movement and then the resulting rig movement and perhaps the P6 motors being quicker would help this, but for the price point I'm totally happy with what I've got. We're talking fractions of a second here.

I don't believe I'm running things at "maximum settings" like you asked - it's more of a game-to-game tweaking to try to find a sweet spot that reflects reality. Think of this as a project and I think you'll be more than happy. I certainly am! :) Please feel free to ask me more questions, I'll try to keep a better eye on the thread this time.
  8. Octavio Olvera

Octavio Olvera G4m3r43ver

Trade Marketing
    Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    I have an H2 Model since I was an aearly adopter with a playseat cockpit and I most definitely would prefered to by a P2 Model, since the difference in cost isn´t much, but sadly those model wasn´t even anounced back then
  9. Jrix

Jrix New Member

Balance:
    19Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform

On paper the P3 seems faster and has more power (we're talking fraction level); Realistically your body will not know the difference. Example: You're driving at 110 MPH (H3 model) vs 113 MPH (P3 model). On paper you were moving faster at 113 MPH but you couldn't tell the difference. I have the H3 and am very happy with it. From my sim gaming experience with the H3, if there is a visual bump in the road or curb, I can feel the car hit it without any delay. If I'm landing a plane, I "immediately" feel the thump as I touch down. I have no regrets with my H3 purchase knowing that I saved a few hundred dollars for the "same" experience as the professional version which are mainly for arcades.