1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Request (Feature) 360° or 200% in yaw.

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by Demosux, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Demosux

Demosux Love when my ass moving with pixel. Gold Contributor

Technicien audio-visuel
    Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi there,

I have made a sim with a wheel in back of my seat, and i would to know if it's possible to make my seat turn arround 360° ...720..with the axis Yaw. For the moment, it turn to 180... softwarelimit, but in helicopter it's not really a good effect. It stop (180) and with a washout, it replace itself, ok... but not really good. Nice for drift anyway. But it will be nice % can be set up to 200, 300, 400 %... a demi revolution, a full revolution, 3,4,5 revolution etc.... like that, my fckg whell can to turn arround.
    Maybe a tips for me? Thank you guys, sry for my english. (Not googletrad :))))
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,906Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Can your sim do continuous 360's without cords getting tangled?

Just depends on the 'pot' being used really.

Chat soon,
    yobuddy
  3. Demosux

Technicien audio-visuel
    Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Yep, not in this picture, but the wires are on a non-rotative platform, the sim can easily turn 360 without destroy the cables. Why the pot can make this ? I have a endless pot. Can i found a pot with a scale adapted? here, the gears are 1/1. one motor turn, one pot turn. My wheel is 20cm diameter, so this make the sim turn 180. And "mecanically" i can't place an other gear in 1/2. I thought config that in simtool. Thank you for your help.
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,906Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    SimTools can only move the sim within the range your sim provides.
    When using a 360 pot, then 180 each way is what it provides.
    So it short, you would have to do it in hardware i believe.
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  5. Demosux

Technicien audio-visuel
    Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Ok, i guess to. Thx for the fast react.
  6. Demosux

Technicien audio-visuel
    Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I forgot... before, it seem that simtool provide 150% on axes, now, since 2.0 i believe, it's 100% max. Why 150? and why change to 100%? (just to know.. I'm bored af with this covid of shit..) Thx.
    Take care too.
  7. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,906Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    We now have options for game engine's 'mode' as to have more profile options.
    So the 150 is not needed anymore is all.
    (See the manual for more of an explanation of the 'mode' if interested buddy.)
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  8. KydDynoMyte

KydDynoMyte Fool's Gold Contributor

Balance:
    92Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I believe you want game data of the actual yaw angle and not the °/sec to get it to spin as much as you want.
  9. Demosux

Technicien audio-visuel
    Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I never use that, but it seem to be the right way yep. I seen a plugin for DCS (a new plugin experimental) i think it is possible to do what you say with extra1. If someone has already test that, donn"t hesitate to tell me. I will try.. to see if its work or not. Thx guys.
  10. Demosux

Technicien audio-visuel
    Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Ok, your comment make me open my eyes (maybe we don't say that like that...anyway) I have install the DCS plug experimental 0.7 from Franck. And all is perfect. It was the game data, angles, not °/sec. Thanks again yobuddy and kid to your help. I can now fly away..... in 360° XD
    • Like Like x 2