1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

My Concept 3DOF Flight/Race SImulator

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Menix, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Menix

Menix Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    99Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I Started this Project in 2011 but i tried it first with Vellemann and Sabertooth and X-Sim Software.
    But it was to complicate for me with X-sim and Vellemann so i leaved the Project 8 Years.
    Now i restartet it with Kangaroo, Sabertooth and Simtools.
    At the Moment its 2 DOF but i will add a Yaw Axis soon.
    The Concept is a little bit different to others. Using Wheelchair Motors 24V with Chains.
    The Pictures are old but this week i will make new Photos.

Here a short Video how this works

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  2. Menix

Balance:
    99Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    So i have some changes made on my 2dof
    Changed Motor Position and Potis etc.
    First Test with LFS looks awesome.
    Using a Zotac Zbox with Intel I7 7700 and a GTX 1070 and y Projector Acer 536o BD.

Here some Pictures.
    Later i make a video in Action
    Next Steps is a belt tension system without motor i want to realize it over the pitch axe. And a better solution for my Driving Wheel and Pedals. ANd a Closed Cockpit and a Yaw Axe

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Menix

Balance:
    99Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    And i have a Question. When Game or output test starts i have noises from 1 Engine the roll axis. Tryed to change home postion but its always the. Dont know how to elminate. But its only 1 Axe.
    in Describe i dont have this.
    My pots are really close to max/min it means i have pot range in describe from 80mv to 4920 mv
    But my center is not really in middle its about 2420 mv or so.
    When i make the video you will hear the noise. it seems then motor goes little bit back and foreward and is searching a postion but theres no movement when noise.

Solved:
    When i designed my second dof on 1a axis to yaw i have eliminated the noise. very smooth now.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  4. Menix

Balance:
    99Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Another Question.
    I designed my 1a xis as roll and 2a axis as pitch
    in second 1a dof i designed yaw at the roll axis. So when driving in a right curve in LFS it rolls side but dont get back to middle after curve. But no or minimal motion whe a left curve comes. Would it be better to design second 1a dof to sway? My batteries are empty and i have to load it first for testing.

by the way . My Belt tensioner works fine
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020