1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Could someone recommend a motor for FFB?

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by WatchDoge, Feb 6, 2020.

1. WatchDoge

WatchDoge New Member

Balance:
    158Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello , im looking for a dc motor with high stall torque (0.7nm-1.0 ish nm or more) and with Stall current not exceeding 30A , with 12V PSU , i intend to use 1:3 or 1:4 reduction and achieve small yet fast enough rpm (would like some help with that , is lowest rpm 300 ? or more im not sure)
  2. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    MY1025, MY1016 are approved.
    RPM on a wheel should not be less 200rpm.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. WatchDoge

WatchDoge New Member

Balance:
    158Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Okay thanks
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    They exactly the specs you are looking for. Remember BTSim with my1016 switched from 1:4 to 1:6 ratio. said that 1:6 he liked more. I'm using the MY1025 with 1:3 and that's ok too for it. And I'd advise not to give more then nameplate rated current for them, are in terms of power. Now experimenting with 24volts and 10 amps psu for it. So even may be less current can be given, for all that heat capabilities stuff etc.
  5. WatchDoge

WatchDoge New Member

Balance:
    158Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What about some smaller motors , like 775 or 550 ?
  6. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
  7. WatchDoge

WatchDoge New Member

Balance:
    158Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Okay , and how about stall Current Amps , can stall Cureent exceed PSU max Amp or should i be looking at Rated Current for the motor . Im struggling with undestanding should i buy a motor with high torque but even higher amps (80 - 130) or upgrading my PSU . Then there is the Driver problem , how many amps i need to hold , parralel or only one driver.

In the posts you mentioned , there is a part about 550 . "But can be good as is for, let's say, 550 motors. (1.4 on idle, and 10-12A of SC)." Does this mean they use 10-12 amps of Stall current at Stall , but when i check documentation it says 85A of Stall current. I ve searched far and wide for a confirmation to order the right motor for my 12v 30A PSU . So anything you can add or confirm i will grealty appreciate .
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  8. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    Let's make it simple. Again.
    The PSU for Logitech G25/27. Motor kinda of you favorite RS550.
    No 85a stall current + safe amps for PSU capacity. No current limiting resistors, or whatever else etc etc.
    http://www.banebots.com/product/M5-RS550-12.html

There are two motors in the wheel base in addition.

Logitech_G27-16.jpg

If you expect mature wheel base build, don't expect it from rs550.
    1000w MY1020 for your psu should be good. People are happy with this motor for many reasons.
    https://www.motiondynamics.com.au/unite-my1020-1000w-3000-rpm-48v-dc-motor.html
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020