1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

G seat traction loss. Moving just one flap

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Trigen, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    When i am in the car in a right turn my Sway will keep the left flap up to simulate the G. When i loose traction i want it to lower the left flap but not raise the right. Is this possible or would i need to write a new plugin?

Attached Files:

2. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,568Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Setup TL so it counters sway just like roll does. But I suppose you still need a way to keep the right flap from coming up.

Edit: Now I see where you have already done that. This site has so many damned ads these days I just look straight past them. Since the posts text was before the ads and the settings pic was after I looked right past it also :mad:. When viewing on my phone the site also often goes unresponsive now too which never happened before the server upgrade a while ago and all the additional ads :mad::mad:.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  3. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

No worries, You and the others on here are amazing at support either way!

Its not a big deal so a low priority anyways . Im very much enjoying the sensation of feeling my grip levels to some extent so i can make some sacrifices
  4. BrassEm

BrassEm G-Seat + SFX100 Builder

Balance:
    1,040Coins
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, AC motor, 4DOF
    That is a challenge. I have not tried it but you could;
    Create two DOF channels (i.e. TL_Left_Flap, TL_Right_Flap), one for each flap (using Extra1 & Extra2) and set your MAX/MIN cfg to Extra1 = (1,0) and Extra2 = (0,-1) and feed each your TL value (1 to -1)?
  5. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

I just wrote my own axis plug in and sorted it from there. You just stop any negative values with some simple code. You could also (if I remember correctly, been a while since I used that. V2. 3)do it from the dofs by using A and B channels with left and right motors and then putting 0 in either the top or bottom box tuning center to but it causes other issues.

If anyone reads this and needs help or the plug in for gseat I. Happy to provide it.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    I have always found it easier to just do it in the Ard sketch that is controlling the motor driver. Can never go wrong.
  7. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    kill

I got no idea how to do that so feel free to share your code ;)