1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question 2dof wiring question

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by andrew f, Jan 22, 2020.

1. andrew f

andrew f New Member

Balance:
    204Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Was wondering which of the following is the correct way to wire. I noticed differences between the monster Moto and Arduino.

Attached Files:

2. alexdraco

alexdraco Member

Balance:
    278Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Ciao Andrew,
    the two ways of connecting MMS are different because in my case (drawing with all the components) I found a trick to make the two MMS work which had one of the two faulty channels. The draw must work with a single MMS for two electric motor. I had published that draw to document my problems.
    In my tests I burned several MMS and I decided to change the entire system with the SMC3 system that you find on the site.

I advise you not to follow my pattern with the two MMS because as mentioned it is a trick that has not led me to positive results.

The second scheme provides for the use of more powerful motors and therefore two MMS are used for two motors (requires a schetc for specific arduino).

If I can afford it, I recommend following the SMC3 system
    https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...3dof-motor-driver-and-windows-utilities.4957/

I made it and everything works very well and everything is very easy to adjust, unfortunately in my system I was unable to make F1 2019 work despite having the right plugin. I use it with Assetto Corsa

Ciao
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  3. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,876Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,079 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    have a look in my tutorial for wiring ;) (see in my signature)
  4. alexdraco

alexdraco Member

Balance:
    278Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Ciao ragazzi
    yes, watch the Racing Mat tutorial, there is a lot to learn.
    I myself followed the RacingMat tutorial but I used 250 Watt 12V 25A electric motors, for this reason I burned the cards, (Not clones but bought at Sparkfun) I also cooled them with heatsinks and fans but it didn't help. MMS bear up to 30A per channel.
    If you intend to install electric motors up to 15A on your Simulator, I think MMS is fine otherwise you must use more suitable cards, or use an MMS for an engine. I personally have changed with the IBT2-7960-B and as per the suggestion of my post the problems are gone.
    Considering that Racing Mat intervened in the discussion I want to thank him for the tutorial he made available.

Ciao.