1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

My project 2DOF

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Arielnac, May 19, 2019.

1. wison

wison New Member

Balance:
    - 691Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    hi Arielnac,
    which hall sensor and pulley you are recommend, 180 or 360 pulley 40-20 or 60-30
  2. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi.
    Will you use the same engines ????
    I believe that the 360º sensor has a higher resolution than the 180º sensor, since the 4096 positions of the sensor are distributed in double the route.
    I have limited axes in simtools at 85% so that of the 360º of the sensor 306º are used. There are 27º of each side as safety limits so that the sensor does not complete a turn.
    I used pulleys of 40 teeth and 20 teeth with GT2 belt 6mm wide and 200mm long. The motor shaft is 17mm wide, so the 40-tooth poles are very fair when the central hole is enlarged. I could do it but you have to be very precise. Maybe it's better to use a 60-30 pulley ratio and longer belts.
    60 teeth pulleys with 17mm hole are obtained.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  3. wison

wison New Member

Balance:
    - 691Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thank you.
  4. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 Active Member

Balance:
    865Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi. I am having problems with my engine. Pots are working engines spin but only near the limit of 5v. If I select Motion in smc3 util nothing happens. What settings did you use in smc3 utils for those motors. I am atm clueless. Have tried also different arduino but the same results.
  5. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi. Are you using BTS7960 ???? You set MODE2 in the line of code for the arduino ???
  6. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 Active Member

Balance:
    865Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Yes I did. Can you screenshot the settings of your motors from SmcUtils please?
  7. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Keep in mind that SMC3 is a software for testing and its use can burn the BTS7960 even without load on the motor shafts, since it can generate very sudden movements of them. For example, if you use the maximum power and generate a sharp change in the direction of the motors.

Attached Files:

• hhhh.JPG
      hhhh.JPG
      File size:
      80.2 KB
      Views:
  8. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 Active Member

Balance:
    865Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    TNX. I was able to get one working. The other one is still a mistery. Hall sensor seems to work but motor spins only in one direction. Will try with spare BTS7960. It is also funny that I have burned the fuses on the motor that I have implemented in my setup on one motor. Will troubleshoot further.
  9. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    If the engine only makes movements in one direction, it is because one of the BTS 7960 chips of the IBT-2 was burned. That's why I told you to be careful when using the SMC3. I advise you to work with 18V unless you are going to burn the IBT-2 when using simtools.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    New video with Asseto Corsa and the 2DOF simulator

• Like Like x 1
  11. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 Active Member

Balance:
    865Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    It seems that ibts were burned. The new one seems to work.
    How do you manage those motors when the computer turnes on? Because those motors do not hold the position. Is it possible to center them when the computer powers on or. is the simulator needs to be started?

P.S.:
    Did you reverse the polarity of the motors, because I have read that if using hall sensors is different when using pots?
    Also do your motor make any small movement when connected to arduino on computer powers on?
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  12. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF

What you should do is first turn on the computer, once I load simtools, just there you have to energize the power supply. The motors are going to position themselves in the neutral position.

The motors in this case do not have a specific polarity. The polarity will be given by the correct movement of the axis with respect to the sensors

So that the axes do not have that small movement, there must be a little load on the lever. When you have the platform mounted you have to look for some weight. that will neutralize the small slack of the engines.
  13. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 Active Member

Balance:
    865Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hmmm interesting.
    It could be possible to automate the proces. First auto start simtools and then the script could turn on the power supply. With this device and tasmota firmware it should be possible to do it.
    https://www.banggood.com/custlink/GmK3s2GdL4 or. easier https://www.banggood.com/custlink/vmKvAqmdaU

https://github.com/arendst/Tasmota/wiki/blitzwolf-SHP6

https://github.com/arendst/Tasmota/wiki/commands

I was able to test it in Game Engine now. To which commands it shoud react 2DOF (Pitch and roll) or anything else?
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  14. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I prefer to do it manually, it is no problem to do it and it gives me the assurance that the motors receive energy once simtools tells arduino what the neutral position is.
    Just there I get on the platform.

The neutral position is given by the axes setting, usually at 128 which corresponds to the 2.5V of the sensors.

Attached Files:

15. ART FLY

ART FLY Gettin' High on DIY :) Gold Contributor

Bavarian State Theater, Decoration Stock Manager
    Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Thank you very much Arielnac. That fourth picture gave my a possible way to fix the motors in my still to build rig.
    Once I start building I will refer to your thread. By the way I love your idea in wood. I will have some metal trash and wood to build with. An as I am not owner of a welding machine you helped me with your idea of holding the motors.
    GRACiAS SENOR :)
  16. Keith

Keith Active Member

Electrician
    Balance:
    118Coins
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hey Arielnac. I just wanted to say thanks for posting this project. It has helped me a lot with my 2dof.
  17. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi. Are you using the same engines ????
  18. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi. I'm glad that there served you.
  19. Keith

Keith Active Member

Electrician
    Balance:
    118Coins
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yup. Same motors and same sensors
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Keith

Keith Active Member

Electrician
    Balance:
    118Coins
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    How's it going Arielnac? Did you end up installing rubber bands on your platform?