1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

What about this rotative solution ?

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Shastaa, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Shastaa

Shastaa New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

i'm new in the world of motion simulator ! I'm from paris and i prepare an engineer degree in mechanics.

I read a lot of threads in the forum, but I didnt saw a lot of project based on full rotative frame.

I'm just asking myself why ?

More over i didnt saw as well, any project with full 180° of roll/pitch. Is there a techicale limitation ?

I'm thinking about making one simulator but i wanted it to be very close to the reality. so for me ( for flight sim) i think that the 180° is important.

Here come few draft :

[img600px]http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/114/image093d.jpg[/img600px]

Could you tell me your opinion and why nobody use this 6DOF systems ? ( i saw a lot of platform but the rotation liberty is not enough i think, or maybe i'm wrong ? could someone explain me ?)

I have to say that i want to build a motion simulator which can at least move 2 persons.
    I would add 3 actuators on the mainbase frame for the Z axis translation. Like that you can simulate small drops or a car suspension ( just like the 401 of force dynamics).

So its not really a 6dof MOTION SIMULATOR but an 4dof (3rotation en 1 translation on the Z axis) but another idea is to add impactor on the y and X axis just to move hard the cabine when there is a shock for example.
    What do you think about this ?
    And thanks again for this great forum ! really impressed by all you projects guys !
  2. OscarH

OscarH Member

Balance:
    517Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Welcome on board Shastaa, close neighbour from Paris.
    There are no real limitation coming out of any brain, the limitations will only appears when you start thinking how you convert what is on your paper to something real. In your scholl you may have more capabilities than most of the X-sim members, like me, who made most of our simulators in our garage or the our basement, if not in the living room ... :)
    Another point of concern for you is find how much power the actuators should drive to move the plateform your are willing to built. X and Y rotations may not be an issue (could be close to center of gravity) but Z is another story as you need to lift 2 peoples, plus the hardware.
    Last point is about how much travel you need from the actuators to exercise your platform over 180° per axis. At some time, you will have to made a compromise in between speed, travel and power, as having all three together is very challenging (or costly).
    Keep us posted about any development of your plateform.
    Cheers.
    OscarH