1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    One could indeed think to add the Perlin when the aircraft enters the clouds.

I’ll prospect if there is a variable to detect such a state in xplane

2. benmax

benmax Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,550Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi Flypt ,

I would like to say thank you so much for your last release 2.8.0 (X86 tested) hug:hug:hug:hug: :

1- AC ,thanks for adding yaw roll speed etc ... , love this cause much more realistic

2- adding pose from DOF , just what I need to achieve fine tuning for one axis , roll position + roll speed ... love it (easier as a whole new ID with all DOFs at zero execpt this that I want )

3- the construction of your software , just so easy to setup for all configurations for games ... just simple and with a big efficiency ... i love it

Thank you so much !!!

Go back to my sim rig to live the benefits of your amazing job ! :cheers
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. slipstream

slipstream Airborne

Balance:
    508Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    This is what I have been trying to explain all along. THERE IS NO VISUAL CONNECT for turbulence effects. You cannot SEE it, you only feel it. This is why it would be so easy to implement in any flight sim. You just start it by a simple key press.
  4. Pierre Lalancette

Pierre Lalancette Sir Lalancelot Gold Contributor

3D teacher
    Balance:
    7,683Coins
    Ratings:
    +883 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Hello @pmvcda
    Quick question about your Assetto Corsa direct link.
    What's the force for the traction loss?
    Thanks.
    Downloading version 2.8.
  5. benmax

benmax Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,550Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi ,
    Personally I play with yaw speed ( so happy that Flypt adds this parameter to the input effects) with a limited amount on input for yaw axis at 0,3 . And into AC in the steer parameter you can check the feature under steer effects. So in case of traction loss you got the feeling with the driving wheel plus the feeling with yaw speed !
    For me it works quiet great !
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    What do you mean you cannot see it ?

The fuselage is not moving accordingly to the acceleration forces OR the camera (head movements) is fixed and you think it should move ?

Camera shakes are normally developed from third party addons for people without motion systems to make them feel the motion, right ?

In reality AND with motion platforms your head is shaking through the motion of the platform therefore I am not sure if adding the camera (head movements) is a good idea.

I’ll post some graphs of real life turbulences later.

Best
  7. Dirty

Dirty Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

All the way up front.
    Balance:
    7,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +859 / 2 / -0
    Hey @slipstream :)

Well, in real life there is a "partial" connection between what you feel and what you see. It is not always in perfect coherency, meaning for every change in motion, there is not always a perfectly matching change in the visual picture. That's one of the reasons why many people feel sick in turbulence.

Let's split the term "turbulence" into rotations and translations:

In flight, there is (virtually) no connection between translatoric motion induced by turbulence and the visual picture. Simply because everything that defines the frame of reference against which you would detect any tanslatoric motion is either too far away or it passes by your window way too fast to be of any use. Even when only 500' above the ground (~50 seconds before touchdown) you probably wouldn't be able to see if the air mass shifted you left/rigth by a few meters. You would certainly be able to feel that! It gets even harder to detect the shift visually if it was longitudinally (fwd/aft).
    However, if there are other objects within, say, 50m (150') of you and those object have very little relative motion (formation flight, Helicopter hovering,.. etc), then the translations induced by turbulence would gradually become "visible".

Rotations are a different game! They are independent of distance. A degree is always a degree, regardless of wether you measure it against a point on the wall of your room, or Alpha-Centauri. If turbulence induces rotations, those would very easily be detectable visually. Therefore it would probably feel "wrong" if you felt rotations coming from the rig, but not see any in the visual.

TLDR:
    • I would use "synthetically generated turbulence" more for translations and less for rotations.
    • I would expect small amplitudes and higher frequencies to cause less problems with visual mismatches
    • If the sim generates turbulence through the physics engine, then I think there is no limit.

...that's my philosophy in a nutshell. I don't have anything better than that.
  8. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    This is how moderate turbulence can look like. I just recorded it in this beast:

BFA6D0E1-F6D2-4491-8580-3094854CD5F4.jpeg

CA2C99EB-CCB0-45A8-B781-2BCBC2285DC9.png
  9. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Did you played it in Mover? ;)
  10. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    My experience contains only accelerometer with g and gyro.

Not sure it will work.

Attached Files:

11. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    I am away until January, if someone wants to test it ... feel free.
  12. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Fired up my 6DoF (Rotational via Bodine 12v) after a long absence from the hobby and installed the latest version. Well done @pmvcda it seems to work great with NoLimits 2. Just had to drop out-gain to .05 - .1 otherwise you get whiplash ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. cfischer

cfischer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,425Coins
    Ratings:
    +235 / 1 / -0
    This software is fantastic. I will be donating for sure.

I'm having trouble getting the dirt rally 2 source to work. Best I've come across is a quick blip of numbers at the values page then NaN for most values. Reminds me of the issues we saw with dirt rally 2 in simtools 2.

I've changed my hardware_settings_config.xml file to
    <motion_platform>
    <dbox enabled="false" />
    <udp enabled="true" extradata="0" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />
    <custom_udp enabled="false" filename="SimToolsCustomUDP.xml" ip="127.0.0.1" port="4123" delay="1" />
    <fanatec enabled="true" pedalVibrationScale="1.0" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" />

..no luck. Any ideas?
  14. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi,

This is what I'm using:
    Code:
        <motion_platform>
            <dbox enabled="true" />
            <udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />
            <custom_udp enabled="false" filename="packet_data.xml" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />
            <fanatec enabled="true" pedalVibrationScale="1.0" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" />
        </motion_platform>
    You need to use extradata = 3
    Please try. Any problem just give me some feedback.

And use the last Mover version please.
  15. cfischer

Balance:
    2,425Coins
    Ratings:
    +235 / 1 / -0
    This fixed it. Thank you very much!

I wonder if the default is extradata=3 or is there an install how to I missed?
  16. cfischer

Balance:
    2,425Coins
    Ratings:
    +235 / 1 / -0
    I have a suggestion for the suspension pose since it seems you are interested in the feedback of others. I am very much so grateful for this super flexible software. If this never gets added I am still very grateful.

I am going for a specific setup in dirt rally where I want to tune some large filtered swooping motions for heave surge in pitch and sway in roll. Since this will filter all the road texture I also want to mix in some well tuned high freq data from the road. I started with high freq vertical acceleration in heave but quickly found this to still jiggle while I'm flying through the air(why codemasters?). So I turned to suspension poses but I'm having trouble getting things dialed without the input and output gain that is available with the motion poses. I did confirm that they stop jiggling while I'm flying which is great. However I am having to turn the gain down for the whole rig which is not ideal for when I mix in the other data.

Thanks again for everything you've done!
  17. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I can add a general gain in suspension.
    It makes it easier to tune.
    But in the filter you can do it already. Just use this:

GAIN(VALUE;2.0)

To have a gain of 2

To get just the high frequencies, you should use a high pass filter, so use:

GAIN(EMAHP(VALUE;50);2)

It's an example. Just tune the values to your preference.
  18. cfischer

Balance:
    2,425Coins
    Ratings:
    +235 / 1 / -0
    Oh of course. I see now how to string together multiple filters. Seems pretty obvious now, duh.

THANKS!

btw I just donated 100 bucks for this software. I hope others will see its easily worth that much.
    I am often amazed how cheap people will be when it comes to the software on their expensive rigs. I hope this changes so we can support more development in this hobby!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  19. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Thank's!
  20. PeterW

PeterW alias Wickie

Dipl. Ing. Mb (FH)
    Balance:
    1,608Coins
    Ratings:
    +360 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hello @pmvcda

I now have my 6 actuators running with your Mover interface. So time to thank you for your effort and your tireless support :thumbs We appreciate this very much!!!!

I still have the problem that my actuators are completely retracted after calibration and start by the Odrive motor control and have their zero point here.
    After switching on the mover-interface the actuators want to retract even further - of course this is not possible.
    I have now helped myself so that I pull out the actuators by hand on approx. 2/3 of the way and only then switch on the Odrive motor control. After the calibration the zero position is now at 2/3 of the stroke.
    If I now switch on the mover interface, the actuator retracts a bit and everything works.
    Now my question: Can I enter an offset value in the mover interface so that the motor control has the zero point at the lower stop, but the mover interface has its zero point at approx. 50% of the total stroke?
    And even better, that the actuators drive automatically (and slow) into this middle position?

Wickie
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019