1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

2 DOF nuevo proyecto basado en SMC3 y Simtools

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by sbdtoni, Nov 25, 2019.

1. sbdtoni

sbdtoni Member

Balance:
    207Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hello friends, I am finishing a 2DOF motion and I want to explain the process that I have done for this project in case someone needs a tutorial for non-experts I think it will be clear as I have done as well as the costs of doing it:
    Materials:
    - Wiper motors 2 X € 20 each = € 40
    - IBT2 2x € 10 each = € 20
    -Woods for support = € 10
    - Potentiometers 10k 2x € 2.5 = € 5
    - Power supply DPS-800GB 12v = € 20 (some connection must be made)
    -Electric box = € 10
    - Arduino UNO = € 5
    - 4X5 € fans each = € 20
    -Tensors 2 x 5 € each = € 10
    - Cardan = € 10

- Engine Work:
    The first thing is to remove the mass of the motor housing and cables, the motors must be disassembled and check if there is a connection between cables and housing, if there is a connection, it must be removed by desoldering the cable that gives mass to the housing (see photos) We must also remove the possible capacitors that the motor has, once this is done the motors are ready to run.

- Electronic box work
    you have to mount the power supply, with the IBT2 and the Arduino UNO in the box, (you can see the connections in the SMC3 tutorial) and I have also put 4 fans, 2 of them direct to the IBT2, one direct to the air inlet of the power supply and the last one as a hot air extractor to the outside (see video of how the box was mounted), all the cables of the box outwards mounted with clips for easy disassembly, I also mounted a Emergency stop to avoid problems if something does not work.

- SMC3
    Following the SMC3 tutorial it is quite easy to do it, to take into account the USB port that connects the Arduino UNO otherwise it is easy, do not try to work with Simtools if it has not worked with SMC3 before,

-Simtools;
    follow the SMC3 tutorial, an important thing is that if you translate from another language, you have to copy in Simtools in English as it puts in the tutorial but the engines will not work in the test, once you get the engines you can move them with Simtools is time to go to the test with LFS, not to set the parameters (Surge, Sway, etc ...) to more than 60% (then you will adjust properly)

-Tests in LFS:
    To start testing in LFS it is important before trying to make the LFS work without simtools, once you have it working you can patch with Simtools from there it will work without problems. Then I will develop each point in more detail and with photos and videos. I hope it helps you as other tutorials have helped me to do this project. Greetings and until after that I will start at point 1 which are the engines and their adjustment.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  2. sbdtoni

sbdtoni Member

Balance:
    207Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    this is a explained that i made to put the Wiper Motors in condition to work:
    -Motors
    first check if your motor have conection between cables and housing, check with multimeter if have conection (see photo)
    camphoto_1483920592.JPG

if you not have connection you not need to make nothing, take multimeter and check cable with Housing..... if you have connection you need to dismount the motor and take of the connection of mass like photo
    IMG_2510.jpg
    if you have some capacitor you need to take of see photo with capacitor and in before photo without capacitor
    IMG_2492.jpg
    when you take of the mass and the capacitor you can close the motor and is ready to work, make the same operation with second motor.... don't forget
    see you en next step of my building 2DOF
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sbdtoni

sbdtoni Member

Balance:
    207Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Electronic Box:
    one of the steps more important to have a motion elegant is the Electronical Box in this box i put the Power Supply, Arduino Uno, IBT2 and all conexions including for Emergency Step button, i buy a chipper Box from electrical shop, see photo
    IMG_2632.jpg
    and i prepare to put fans
    IMG_2634.jpg
    power supply, Arduino and IBT2
    IMG_2633.jpg
    IMG_2642.jpg IMG_2644.jpg IMG_2648.jpg IMG_2653.jpg IMG_2655.jpg IMG_2656.jpg IMG_2657.jpg
    you can see in this video the final result

see you in next step.
    bye

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. sbdtoni

sbdtoni Member

Balance:
    207Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    SMC3 and SIMTOOLS
    for this part i have nothing to explain in the tutorial of SMC3 is very clear following the steps works fine, only some recomendation, before to connect the motors works some time only with Potentiomethers to know the SMC3, be sure of the USB connection are correct, after that connect the motors (without connect the potentiomether to the motors) and move the motors with the potentiomether, the green line of the each potentiomether need to stay close to the blue line, when you have both motors with the green line in blue line you can connect tne motors to the potentiomether and put in motion mode (left under) and see if works, if works fine you can close and go to SIMTOOLS.

SIMTOOLS
    like in SMC3 follow the tutorial, very important if you make a copy and paste check that is in English lenguage that i translate to Spanish and i lost a lot of time find the error, if you make like tutorial you can move the motors with Simtools, my short experience says that not put more than 60% the paramethers like Surge, Sway etc... when works fine you can go to Life For Speed

Life For Speed
    i use this that is including in Simtools and is perfect to test, very important before to tried to works LFS with Simtools you need to make works LFS first step alone after of first time you can work togueter LFS and Simtools if you make correctly your motors will move with LFS, after of that it's necessary to adjust to see if some motor need to change his direction you can made in Simtools.

in the next post i put videos of first test.
    best regards.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sbdtoni

sbdtoni Member

Balance:
    207Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hi in this post i can see you the videos of the fisrt test and how will see the final motion.
  6. sbdtoni

sbdtoni Member

Balance:
    207Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    in this video you can see how move with LFS the motors.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. sbdtoni

sbdtoni Member

Balance:
    207Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    and in thsi video you can see the motion practicly finished with a Pilot of testing :)grin)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. sbdtoni

sbdtoni Member

Balance:
    207Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    next Saturday i hope i put my backet and test with some voluntary friend :grin
    best regards.
  9. sbdtoni

sbdtoni Member

Balance:
    207Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    hi Friends the project is finished and only need to puts in a cockpit you can see the result i'm happy with final result, only to changes i made a support for potentionethers and i change the potentiomethers 10k for hall potentiomethers with 180º and the result it's more soft and accurate
    best regards.
  10. sbdtoni

sbdtoni Member

Balance:
    207Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    sorry the video... uppsss
    • Like Like x 1