1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. wannabeaflyer2

wannabeaflyer2 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi @pmvcda apparently no values in the telemetry seen in the Kartcraft source , can i just asl in case i missed something
    start mover
    start kartcraft
    Go to windowed mode ( so i can see Mover Modules and kart craft)
    drive round circuit
    telemetry data in kartcraft source module should be changing accordingly
    once i select kart craft as source then the rig Module should reflect the sim pose data..

cheers

By the way no need to answer back if your working on new version i'll keep playing with this setup good buddy
  2. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF

Did you enable UDP in KartKraft?

Go to the KartKraft options-->Game-->Telemetry

And enable UDP.
    Use port 5000 and IP 127.0.0.1

Sem nome.png
    Mix of Portuguese and English...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Some news:

- First pass on source transitions is made.
    - Some new filters implemented
    - New sources working (older games like Race07 and RFactor based games)
    - New poses
    - New multi direct to generate actuator output from mixing values from a source or more:

Sem nome.jpg

Almost done:
    - Simplified output for Thanos boards. Missing some details to publish the new version.
    - Review some problems on the UDP output.

So new version getting closer...
    Really sorry for the delay, but professional problems made time more precious.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. wannabeaflyer2

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hey Hey @pmvcda big thanks for the heads up on the UDP setting all updated and actuator responding to my rubbish driving ,,,damm these mothers are powerfull and they arent even attached to cockpit yet..

Ok good news i seem to be on the right track test wise , but me being me i came across something that did noty seem right ( oh and by the way even with motor speed turned down crashing is seriously scary ) lol ,, anyways after a miss-guided attempt to stay on the circuit while watching the Mover software do its stuff i hit the tires and actuators went loopy ( but stayed within 100mm stroke so no damage) .. i hit the E switch and all was well . they went to park position as they should but i noticed that the AMC lcd was no longer showing " Receiving Data message" tried several times to get re-connect But so far no luck ..

Again it will be something i missed but thought i'd ask .. Controller works fine as standalone ( calibration / Park / Jog controls all responsive ) so i suspect its just a re-connect glitch. will try again in a moment but man im loving this setup and ive barely scratched the surface :)
  5. Psionic001

Psionic001 Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,002Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 6DOF
    I recall seeing something about sim tools setting at 100%, then if you dial it down to 99% the data won’t stop when you have a crash like that. Sorry it’s not specific, that’s all I recall.

6. wannabeaflyer2

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi @Psionic001 thanks for the feedback , im actually using FltPt Mover for these tests and need to try a few tips i have been given , if they cure it i';; post the lesson learnt here ...bed time now Square eyes from monitor gazing LOL Cheers
  7. Coops

Coops New Member Gold Contributor

Fitter/Machinist
    Balance:
    159Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    That's why i have my online/offline switch really close - while i am testing and i see i might crash i hit that, get back on track and hit online and resume. This is handy if you are playing filter settings.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. wannabeaflyer2

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi @pmvcda @Coop and @Thanos big thanks guys for the assist , everything now seems to work just fine and the Tip about Buffer overflow and using the online offline switch fixed all my issues ..as always early days for me but at this stage i have a bench test system up and and can now mess with ( Wrong phrase ) make that Learn how to use Mover a little better...
    so safe to say today is play day , Bugger i wish i did not faff about so much and should have ordered Aluminium profile weeks ago Dammit LOL .. My Race seat arrived , so another session on plastic card is now imminent... as always Thanks Guys all assistance and tips very much appreciated ..
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Wajdi

Wajdi Member

Balance:
    416Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0
    Can I ask how it’s compared to SimTools if someone has tested both? Is it more responsive?
    Better output motion?
  10. Denis Wiegand

Denis Wiegand New Member

Balance:
    - 19Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Hi. i am running only flypt s mover an its really smoooooth.:):):). The new Filters are great. i am flying xplane and it feels like real.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. wannabeaflyer2

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi @pmvcda thanks for adding the Thanos Output to this great Program, have to ask this , i just ran the new version V2.7 and selected the Thanos Output . great that it seems to set everything up for the operator and it all happens with minimal input from the operator ..

on my 1st play attempts all seems good with Mover as the output debug section in the Thanos !D12 module shows data coming from the 2 Loop source samples and all the 3d Rig Viewer is goodand the Source has been correct;y selected in the Motion Module ( i can see the cursors following the sine wave input signal ) but for some reason im not getting the ""Motors online LCD Message " either that or it takes a while before its displayed ..

Am i wrong in thinking that this message should be visible more or less as soon as The connect Button is pressed and connection OK in the Outputs Module ?

EDIT just timed it and it took 4 minutes before the "Receiving Data came up on LCD " just left the software running after connection button pressed Flashing Yellow then Red to indicate Connected all good that end ?

started to type this message because the AMC was not receiving data now i got back and checked and it is indeed Indicating "Motors Online & Receiving Data"

went back to 2.6 and this message comes up very quickly even if i press disconnect / Reconnect .. Once again im might have missed something so any advice is welcome .. Cheers
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  12. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi, @wannabeaflyer2 ,

Sorry, been a bit short of time. Was on Thanos discord and we detected that problem, I'm updating the first post with the new download.
    I'm also posting the changes.
  13. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    FlyPT Mover 2.7.2

New build is here... finally.
    I have no time to test everything unfortunately, so better to put it out and get some feedback.
    Still many things to do new and better.
    But this one already bring many changes:

MANUAL:

- Still WIP, I wanted to add it to the download, but it's not good as it is. Need more time and I don't want to delay the build more time.

FILE OPEN/SAVE: WARNING CHANGE IN THE FILE EXTENSION

- Changed file extension of mover files. It was *.FlyPTMover, now it's just *.Mover.
    To open old files, just rename their extensions (sorry doesn't seem important, but it is).
    Some modules might not open, because there where internal changes (sorry).

- Added file "Save" and file "Save As..." on the menu, like we have in most softwares.

- Added current file name to the main window title

- Mover opens with the last setup. LastSetup file still exists and is on the same folder of the executable.
    It's saved when you exit the application or save a setup. So changes made even if you did not saved them, are still on the interface.

FILTERS:

- Filters background turns yellow when they are transitioning.

- New filters:
    ROUND - Rounds a value to it's nearest integer
    ADD - It's just a another name for the TRANSLATE filter to make it clearer.
    MULTIPLY - It's just another name for the GAIN filter to make it clearer
    LDYNLP - Linear dynamic low pass to remove spikes. It's a low pass filter that adapts the number of samples used dynamically to the deifference between last result of the filter and new value to be filtered.
    Accepts a multiplier value to apply to that difference, so the effect is linear.
    EDYNLP - Exponential dynamic low pass to remove spikes. Like the LDYNLP, but exponential.

The new dynamic filters seem good to remove spikes, and avoid sudden moves of the rig in crashes.
    We can use it on the rig module for the actuators, keeping that way, all the small movements intact and softening the larger ones like crashes (use: EDYNLP(VALUE;1) sjould be enough, but requires more testing).

SOURCES:

- New DLL's for RFactor and RFactor2. Please update the old ones.

- Corrected opening on some sources.
    If you opened Mover with auto connect in NoLimits2, it did not open, we had to click to close and open again as an example.

- Added editable ports to the UDP sources that where missing it

- Corrected bug in landing gear loads calculation for XPlane11 and also lowered it's scale.

- XPlane11 uses new dynamic low pass filter as default to remove spikes

- Corrected bug in iRacing. It was not working.

- Added rotation speeds in AC and ACC.

- Added smooth transitions for sources.
    The intention is to remove sudden moves on game state changes.
    Works well in most sources. LFS and BeamNG still jump on car reset and still some problems in iRacing

POSES:

- Added new pose module: Value to DOF
    With this pose you can change one of the poses using a value.
    By default comes with a setup to change surge when we change gears in car games.
    You can use the amount you want to. Don't forget to add them for use in the rig module.

- New Multi Direct module that allows the user to join multiple values and sources in one actuator (kind of how SimTools works)

-Reworked Direct module to Simple Direct. Old files don't work with this module although it looks the same, due to internal reorganisation.

POSE FROM MOTION:

- Mix of sway in roll was negative by default. changed to positive.
    - Corrected small bug in yaw roll over.
    - Took the chance to clean the code and made some optimisations.

Some notes about the roll over (well more opinions):
    Roll over works only for yaw, roll and pitch positions received from the sources.
    If you are using speed or acceleration, or any other value, there are no roll overs.
    Roll over is permanent, for the angle positions and can't be disabled.
    It's supposed to be used with filters that washout and bring the angles back to zero.
    You can use it with an high pass filter that makes the value come back to zero.
    If no filter is defined, roll over, counts the number of turns you make and the angle increases beyond 360º.
    Even if you go back to what you think is the zero direction, you need to make the same amount of turns in the other direction to reach zero.
    That's why the rig might stay at maximum rotation and doesn't come back until you are inside it's range.
    So, use filters, or use accelerations or speed when available from the source, instead of positions to avoid those problems.
    Positions have their use in specific sources, like car games where we want to represent slopes (all terrain games). Keep it for those uses.

OUTPUTS:

- New generic output for Thanos boards. Requires testing in the various boards and rigs. Please give me feedback.
    Thanos.jpg

There's a DiRT Rally 2 sample for hexapods in the download. Honestly, I wanted to fine tune it, but can't even reach near the rig in the next days. Use it has a base.

Download in the first post of the thread or here: FlyPT Mover 2.7.2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. wannabeaflyer2

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Cheers @pmvcda hey that was not a complaint hope you know that , sorry did not see the discord mention , hope ya did not mind ... i know if its real issue you will sort it when you get a chance so that more that good enough for me and any other user .. we appreciate the work and effort required Thanks for quick response :)
  15. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I explained badly, the problem is solved, the build you have for download should have no problem 2.7.2
    We where talking about it in discord and when they where testing, they found the problem.
    Did not see it has a complaint. I have been really busy lately, and I wanted to test it more before release, and also have the manual, but if I wait for it, it will take 1 or two months... Need to get more time somewhere...
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    FlyPT Mover 2.7.3

New build to correct some bugs.
    Roll over is now working on rotations when used in the directs modules.
    But now it brings problems to the soft starts in the sources. Will solve it but it's going to take some more time.

error.jpg

Added a small warning box on the bottom right, that turns red when calculation time is 2x the one we set in the options.
    In my tests, I get 15 ms sometimes, might be because of Visual Studio and all the testing, but I want to get some feedback if this happens to others.
    In case it's happening, it affects filtering and calculations.
    You can always change to high precision in the options:

options.jpg

But this uses more CPU. If you have many modules, the load might not make a big difference.
    The way it works, load should be distributed and priority in the games. In reality the load are just empty loops to fill the defined time.

DOWNLOAD: FlyPT Mover 2.7.3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    3DOF SFX100 type of rig using two direct to control two extra actuators. So it's 5DOF.
    One for surge, and another for traction loss (TL).

The windows on the left, show the actuators on the sliders.
    The 3D shows the 4 actuators of the sfx100 setup.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Oh that’s interesting !

1.)
    I could finally see the timings issue thank your red square.

I couldn’t see this before because I am using Air Manager which speeds up everything.

You remember the small firmware utility which behaves same way ?

Do the test if you like. Without, I have same timings for calculations as GUI both above 15ms. I launch the utility and bingo 2ms.

Crazy
    2.)
    Spikes in xplane works well until you brake hard once. Than it is kicking like hell whatever the amount of pressure on the brakes.

3.)

Some transitions kicks which I find strange
    1 - when you uncheck “manual” checkbox while heave accel with gravity is in use.

2 - on mover restart if the game is running.
    If the platform is in the drive position it runs full speed down before the transition starts to operate.

Best
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  19. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi.

Can you try the filters, running Mover in high precision clock. Just to be sure the problem is not related to timing.
    The jump on start is a problem, because Mover has no idea where is the rig.
    Better to move her to the start position before connecting her.
    I need to think of a way to achieve it.
  20. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Air Manager or AVR has NO impact on the calculations while “use high precision” is selected.

The values are:

UI 18ms CA 1.20ms

CA is steady and fits the selected „calculation rate” - 1.2 im my case.

With “use high precision” unchecked I have
    UI 19 CA 20.

In this scenario when I run AM or AVR the CA value drops to 2 ms