1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Rock solid USB hub?

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Trigen, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Allo allo chaps

Ill be getting a Racing rig soon and i need a rock solid USB hub that can take 3 Ardunio inputs + another 3-5 Joysticks and such

Anyone got a tip?
  2. Kass55

Kass55 Member

PC support
    Balance:
    325Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
  3. Qlittles

Qlittles Active Member

Balance:
    226Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Thanks for the suggestion- my USB ports are acting up
  4. Zed

Zed VR Simming w/Reverb Gold Contributor

Balance:
    5,834Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    14 port USB 3 hub: http://a.co/i5pi3ck

That one has worked great for me. One USB cable to the rig feeds 3 JRKs, my wheel, my stick, pedals, wind, switch interface, and supplies USB fans on my JRKs and sub woofer amplifiers. I don’t know how much of the available bandwidth I’m using but everything seems to work ok.

Bought it a while ago. May be better options now.
  5. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Actually the cheap one's ive been using works just fine after i moved my setup to a 8020 rig. Before that i t was a host of issues and i figured out from another post that the ardunio's might be overloaded. Thing was though my Ardunios was genuine so it didnt really fit and i had tried everything and it wasnt close to any electricity . That said it worked on 115000 baud but after i moved it to a new spot and on a rig i didnt have any more issues.