1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Power Supply for Wiper Motors

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by tonyuk100, Aug 21, 2009.

1. tonyuk100

tonyuk100 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, does anyone know if I use car wiper Motors on my motion sim, is it posible to use a power supply other than that of car batteries, something like a PSU from a computer, that has a 12V supply Etc, or a transformer that will step down the voltage to 12V. Basically anything so i dont have to use car batteries and it can be pluged into a power socket for continuous use. Thanks.
  2. tonyuk100

tonyuk100 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    will do, cheers for the advice.
  3. OscarH

OscarH Member

Balance:
    517Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi,
    I used an HP/Agilent 6672A power supply, able to deliver 30 Volts under 100 Amps to power my 2 wipers motors at the same time.
    I set the Voltage to 14 volts, and limited the current to 15 amps, but never reached the limit so far.
    I could have limited above 15 amps, but was willing to protect my HB25 devices.
    Cheers.
    OscarH
  4. tonyuk100

tonyuk100 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice 1, are you also using Tronic's motion controller, and do you think it would be able to control 3 or even 4 wiper motors.
  5. OscarH

OscarH Member

Balance:
    517Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi Tnyuk100,

I'm using a modified set of Tronic's motion controller based on the BS2 and the HB25.
    I don't see why you should not be able to control 3 or 4 motors, but you may need to tune a bit the design.
    If I refer to the BS2 setup, sure you can to it for 3 or 4 HB25, but you are going to loose some time in the positionning loop.
    The way the BS2 is working is - more or less - to tune the first HB25 until he reach the correct position, then tune the second HB25 until he reach the correct position, etc... until the last one. The more HB25 you have, the more delay you need to wait to come back to the first HB25. This is not 100% correct, I know, but I hope it will give you some insite view on the way BS2 configuration is working.
    In term of Power-Supply, as far as all the wipers motor are not driing max curent at the same time, it is not an issue.
    Cheers.
    OscarH
  6. Swets

Swets Member

PLC Programmeur
    Balance:
    385Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0