1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Arduino Leonardo SIM Wheel

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Sieben, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    MarcoMade,
    it gets rather hot. Also need to make holes for ventilation. Checked after the game, don't know how much was in time, smth like for half an hour tests or a bit more, it was under 50C. The motor housing. Rotor should be smth like up till 80-90 may be. But I guess it gets some more if take a greater time. As usual, simply put. With the same power, the 540 motor get smoke, with 130c of rotor and 80c of the motor housing, with just one lap, in "dd" mode)

With a bulb, it has less ffb ofcourse, but playble. Wanna try with 1-1/5ohms resistance on it. Checked with 25w 25ohms one, but that is too much. Had small resistors only to check the value amounts for it, came up with that numbers of 1-1/5ohms. Also to try some other power supplyes ets. But the only right way will be to make a good cooling.) The ffb force amount without current limiters is great. Especially with a smaller and lighter wheight wheel)
  2. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    Checked the torque test and a wheel under 12V12.5A Power supply appeared to be of having - 3.67 Nm of force. I made units conversion of the obtained data measured not with 1 meter lever of force, but with 7.5cm force lever. That has 5 kg at that applied point of measurement, fastened just right on that gear sprocket)
  3. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    With 12v33a - 5.5 Nm of force.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. tadope

tadope New Member

Balance:
    81Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well I applaud your ingenuity, but I have to say that bicycle chain is the loudest thing i've ever heard!!
    I'm interested in your arduino circuitry though. I would like the know the simplest easiest way to do one of these and this looks like it. So you basically just have two arduino thingies and you set one of them up as a controller and the other as an encoder? i dont get it.
  5. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
  6. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    Switched to mmos.
    [​IMG]

Made enclosure for STM32 & Arduino. Axis are connected via usb cables.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0

Level of Ai 120%. Low agression.
    Powerfull FFB, motor takes 12A, with rated 14A. Good result with no super cooling of the motor to run it.
  8. celicaraptor

celicaraptor New Member

Balance:
    94Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    Hi Sieben,would you happen to know the wiring diagram for the VNH2SP30 and the Arduino Leonardo using EMC firmware?
  9. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
  10. Daud077

Daud077 New Member

Balance:
    82Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Can u tell the parts used to connect the encoder with the steering shaft.
  11. Daud077

Daud077 New Member

Balance:
    82Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Can I use this Coupler to attach my 6mm encoder to 10mm steering shaft?[​IMG]
  12. Daud077

Daud077 New Member

Balance:
    82Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Plz tell me Iam desperate
  13. Daud077

Daud077 New Member

Balance:
    82Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Can I use a Coupler?
  14. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    For sure)
  15. Kotoshka

Kotoshka New Member

Balance:
    80Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Hi Sieben, thanks for sharing your project.

I also built mine and it is quite similar to yours in terms of motor (MY1016), a BTS, Arduino Pro Micro, EMC lite, chain reduction (mini scooter H25 1:5 approx) 12v 30a supply, hp printer encoder.

I use LFS, Rfactor, RBR. However, I notice that there is an FFB dead zone of about 20° in both directions, that is, when reaching or passing 20° it feels like a mechanical stop, at those 40° from the center there is no effect. Does this happen to you too? or how can i fix it? Use 2PWM + 1 Dir I appreciate your support.
  16. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    Hi. Don't have that issue if smth.
    You use 2PWM + 1 Dir right? You should use H-bridge.
  17. Kotoshka

Kotoshka New Member

Balance:
    80Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    That's right friend. Can you share a little more information about that H-bridge? I only have the circuit connected according to the indications; from the source to BTS and from there to My1016
  18. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    Generally, you can't mess up greatly with set ups on emc lite if follow authors youtube guides. You may have faulty BTS or kinda then. Is pro micro good for it? (Despite it's kinda all the same like Leonardo) IDK.

For mmos on stm32 on h-bridge.
    2022-02-09_222308.jpg

I only have the circuit connected according to the indications; from the source to BTS and from there to My1016
    notice that there is an FFB dead zone of about 20° in both directions, that is, when reaching or passing 20° it feels like a mechanical stop, at those 40° from the center there is no effect.

How does it look?
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  19. Kotoshka

Kotoshka New Member

Balance:
    80Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    the micro works the same as the Leonardo except for the lack of pin 11 and other pins for the button matrix. I am using the Arduino emc lite, configured in 2PWM + 1DIR, it does not give that H-bridge option
  20. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    What is your encoder ppr? cpr in soft is scaled 4 times from that number. Is it correct with it in your set up?