1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

My DIY 6DOF - 80/20 - AMC - Clearpath Servos

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Nisch, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    The 60RPM would be only if you run the servo in full speed 3000RPM, but in reality during gaming you never need to go over 1500-2000RPM, and the servomotor can do fine movements fully loaded even at 1RPM !!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Sorry for asking noob questions but please could someone explain this : “may need a transformer to get 3 phase 220V”

Is it the case when you use 110V as source like in U.S. and otherwise you can plug this directly on E.U. 230V single phase ?

Thanks
    DFC9C030-7DD2-4200-8C5A-EA8B9F5799B0.jpeg
  3. BM114

BM114 New Member

Balance:
    236Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Not really sure why they would do that unless you're stuck with a 110v outlet. Which you'd need to be careful not to draw too many amps.

If this servo drive runs on the same principal as a VFD(but with an encoder) then you should be fine to hook it up to single phase 230VAC. Keep in mind that you should be ask the manufacturer for documentation on this. I would recommend always checking the specifications as some drive units are not rated for single phase input.
  4. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    The proper supply of those remains mysterious.

I don’t see @Thanos has connected 3 phase 220V

(Hot - hot - hot - ground)

9F3C3FFE-A779-4927-A281-19ED6A8A31BB.jpeg

It’s seems he is supplying it with a single phase 220v (hot - neutral - ground) coming from a 110V - 220V converter.

2C1D4E6C-83BB-44CF-A8D0-6EE80D25A44D.jpeg

It would be good to know how it affects the catalogue ratings (torque and speed)
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  5. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    Yes, these servos are single phase. You don't need three phase connection, although it might help with the whining (less swing gap between phases)...

BTW, did you see this?
    https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...controller-thread.168360/page-23#post-3061699
  6. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF

Thank you for clarifying the wiring.

It’s a really great kit, great collaboration. Bravo guys.

I am asking for exact specifications of those servos because I believe that by going rotary with 350mm arms (it might be possible) you can beat the motion performance of linear actuators and at the same time substantially reduce the size.

Btw. those 360deg. rotative U joints are really fantastic.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. webbrage

webbrage New Member

Balance:
    106Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how much would you say you have invest in this build?