1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Low cost 2DOF/3DOF/6DOF motion simulator - DOF REALITY

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Radioproffi, May 23, 2016.

1. Curtis Jackson

Curtis Jackson New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So for those with H6's or P6's....what do you recommend for the seat? Should I go with a bucket seat like what is shown in the '6' line on their website or would a regular race seat suffice? I'm using for flight sims so a bit concerned on a bucket seat as my arms will be more on the sides than up in front of me like they would be if I was sim racing. Anyone using an H6/P6 for flight sims with any recommendations?
  2. rsbell

rsbell Member

Balance:
    334Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
  3. WhaleDriver

WhaleDriver Long live the Queen

Pilot
    Balance:
    151Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I do a lot of flight sims too and I was worried about my elbows hitting with a bucket seat. Went with Sparco R100 and I'm pretty happy. It does get slightly uncomfortable after a while but I put a small pillow behind me and it's fine.

4. Curtis Jackson

Balance:
    30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up going with a Sparco Fighter bucket seat & have integrated a Jetseat into it. My H6 arrives tomorrow so I’m super excited to get it built & to start using it!
  5. DOFreality

DOFreality Member

Balance:
    343Coins
    Ratings:
    +45 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
  6. DOFreality

DOFreality Member

Balance:
    343Coins
    Ratings:
    +45 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Great DOF Reality H6 Motion Simulator review with motion sim theory just 've been posted
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Kranky Pantz

Kranky Pantz Active Member

Balance:
    1,247Coins
    Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Motion platform
    Hmmmmmm.......

At the 5:28 mark he states that "The guys at Sim Racing Studios wrote the motion platform software".

That's not exactly true though...is it. :confused:

Isn't it our resident SimTools & game plugins authors who are the real geniuses?????

Or are some of them employed by SRS?
  8. Curtis Jackson

Balance:
    30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Finally got my H6 rig set up during the Thanksgiving weekend & some vacation time this week. This things is a beast to put together by yourself but worth every moment once done! DOF Reality...fantastic job mates! Couldn't be more happy with the quality of the rig. Its made of solid materials & set up well. I'm now just getting into the software & working on some settings. Using the presets but they seems to be quite off in giving me quality (DCS & Elite Dangerous only so far). I'm sure I'll have to do some tweaking to the settings but anyone have any really good 6 DOF setting for either game? I saw someone here in this forum who creates Elite Dangerous presets but for the life of my can't find that thread. DCS is where I'll spend most of my time in this rig so if anyone have some strong base settings please share.
  9. Brass Yeti

Brass Yeti All show - No go

Balance:
    331Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Question for those who have an accuforce or other DD wheel. How did you mount it? I upgarded from a t500rs to a accuforce v2 and the wheel is almost touching my thighs. The steering wheel posts are already at the highest postion. My t500rs angled upward slightly, but the DD wheel shoots straight.
  10. milhouse19

milhouse19 New Member

Balance:
    - 91Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone have suggestions on the best places to put transducers on an H6 or P6? I have a Buttkicker Mini LFE that I am going to put under the seat, but I am having trouble determining the best location for the 4 Dayton Audio puck transducers. For the front two (I am planning on running them for the suspension using the SRS App) I am going to put them either under the pedal baseplate or on the forward support arms, but its the rears I am struggling with. On the chair? On the chair supports? On the base between the motors? Build a stand-alone bracket just for the rears? Has anyone figured out a good place?

Also, do I need to reverse the phase on any of the transducers? I don't think I will because they are discrete, but want to be sure.

Thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Andy B

Andy B New Member

Machinist
    Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I did the JB weld fix for the U- joint assembly that works some what for a while but that joint design is the problem. I built this and put in on yesterday and now there is zero play in the rig.

I don't have enough posts so here is a link to the pics.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d9L0sS3iws881MgfV21gQJb6b1hd436K
    • Like Like x 1
  12. RAHULUS

RAHULUS New Member

Balance:
    99Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I had exactly this issue - I had to buy the tilt angle bracket from SimXperience to solve the problem. (https://simxperience.com/products/accessories/accuforcesteering/accuforcepromountingbracket.aspx)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. RAHULUS

RAHULUS New Member

Balance:
    99Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    In case you missed it - excellent review of the H2 by Barry @ Sim Racing Garage here http://simracinggarage.com/dofreality-h2-review/

I think overall a pretty fair review, highlights a few of the frustrations of setting it up (like the steering platform - weak supports, and no countersunk holes!).

Interestingly this was the first I had heard that DOF now sell a dampening kit for the platforms (see 26 mins 55 secs in the video to see how they work).
  14. RAHULUS

RAHULUS New Member

Balance:
    99Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    SRS have developed their own purpose-built software in partnership with DOFReality - I have it and it seems a lot simpler to set up and use, plus its nice to know that they are continually updating and supporting the software specifically for DOF users.
  15. Kranky Pantz

Kranky Pantz Active Member

Balance:
    1,247Coins
    Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Motion platform
    I've just received an Accuforce v2 as well, and ran into a similar situation after removing my trusty old T300RS.
    Most consumer grade wheels are pre-angled by design, whereas the Accuforce (and 99.9% of other DD wheels) sits at 90 degrees.

Simxperience sells an adjustable bracket for $45 USD.
    https://simxperience.com/products/accessories/accuforcesteering/accuforcepromountingbracket.aspx

I just ended up making an angled wooded wedge which is the same shape as the base, then used longer mounting bolts to mount it to my cockpit.
    It works great, and may even be more solid than the official bracket because it supports the entire bottom of the motor.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. RCFlyer

RCFlyer Member

Balance:
    137Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Anyone with an H3 using the new dampers? If so, how do you like how they work? I have an H3, several years old, and am considering purchasing the damper kit to address periodic shaking. Because my H3 is older, I will need to also purchase some addition hardware to allow the dampers to be installed. So, the total cost will be about $180 US. I am trying to determine if the dampers make enough of a difference to justify the cost.

Regards,

Danny
  17. Andy B

Andy B New Member

Machinist
    Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I ordered a set that should be here any day. I'll let you know how they work once they are installed.
  18. Tororo

Tororo New Member

Balance:
    127Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I got my H3 about half years ago with some very noticeable slack movements. I bought the dampers immediately once they showed up on their web site, and got them delivered last month. After putting them in place I can tell there is a huge difference right away. The slack feel for the front two motors got smoothed out almost completely, but I have to set it 3 to 4 clicks from max setting. It feels like the motor heats up faster than before, which is understandable as there are more resistance with the dampers in place. It's a trade off but a well worth trade off, better quality for a little less continuous playtime. Now if they can figure a way to put one on the traction loss motor as well then that would be awesome.
  19. RCFlyer

RCFlyer Member

Balance:
    137Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    This is good to hear. I use the H3 for helicopter flight simulation, therefore, smooth movement is very important to the accuracy of the simulation. Thanks for the input.

Danny
  20. RAHULUS

RAHULUS New Member

Balance:
    99Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Does the kit come with all the correct mounting brackets and screws?