1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,568Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Ha, this really shows your ages, or rather lack thereof :D. If you grew up in the TRS-80, PET, and Commodore 64 era you would know all about Chr$ and ASC and how to use them and convert one to the other. If you didn't then you didn't know much about how to write programs for them. The <> enclosure used in Simtools just lets Dustin know what to do with the number within.

Btw, great work you are doing. hug:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. wannabeaflyer2

wannabeaflyer2 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi @pmvcda sorry for asking this , been trying to get to grips with Mover and was making progress , now all of a sudden whenever i try to open saved setup File i get this error message , Tried reloading form original Zip files to overwrite any corrupt files but now i get this message any time i try to open a saved file :-( what have i broken LOL still cant gett this PC to connect serial @250000 Baud but again thats most probably wrong setting on my part as everyone else's version ove Mover works fine ..

Attached Files:

3. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Ouch!

Sorry. Try the new version 2.5 (might not solve the problem).
    Seems to be some problems there. It's not corrupt files, it's when Mover tries to close all modules that where open (I think).

Also, not all files are compatible between versions!

Edit: Where you trying a downloaded file or XPlane?
  4. wannabeaflyer2

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi @pmvcda thanks for rapid reply, iwas trying to reload a previously saved xx,Mover file , had it all working and so was saving each experiment as it were so id have a fall back .

i have several versions of Mover on this PC ( im a info hoarder :) ) all in separate folders etc so did not think there would be any conflict ..

would it be better to loose all the previous versions and just keep latest V2.5 on the system ? loving the program jsut want to get to next test stage with AMC-AASD15A controller Communication ...

i know its been done in the absence of a video walkthrough for AMCAASD15a ,im picking it up but as @Thanos can confirm .."if its software/Firmware i can mess it up " making mechanical stuff is easy, software get the old grey matter discombooberateed ( messed up ) LOL :)
  5. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    Hi, I posted this a few posts before but here it is again:

(4 axis output string)
    <255><255><Axis1a><Axis2a><Axis3a><Axis4a><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><10><13>
    (6 axis output string)
    <255><255><Axis3a><Axis4a><Axis5a><Axis6a><Axis1a><Axis2a><0><0><0><0><10><13>

And make sure you are sending out 16-bit values (not 10bit as default) !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF

Please, go always with the latest build unless specified on the download post.
    This is always WIP. I'm working on the files to make them the more compatible possible.

The next build (2.6) is going to have some more security in this area.
    And might open the older files, at least in part (2.5 already has some workarounds).

So use latest build and keep the files to try open them in the next build.
  7. TSHracing

TSHracing New Member

Balance:
    329Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    First I like to thank you @pmvcda for the amazing work you're doing with this peice of software.
    I tried to implement MOVER into my 6DOF linear hexapod platform, for each actuator I am using a 24Volt/300 wats DC motors, every 2 motors are controlled by one 2x32 Sabertooth, the sabertooth is interfaced with an arduino, this is done as per @BlazinH original post on this forum:
    https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...ket-serial-pid-motor-driver-w-softstart.9277/
    So overall I have 3 arduinos (1 for evry two actuators) that I need to control by MOVER over serial conection
    When I went through the setup I got to a point where in theory I should be able to get the platform to move (I used loop source for testing), but I was unable to get it to work, see in the screenshot below the settings I have, I tried to write the output string in ultiple ways with no good results, When I click on conect in all three output modules it shows as being connected, but when I start the loop nothing happens. Can any one take a look and give me an advice on what to do.

Thanks again, you guys are the best.

Mover_Serial question.PNG
  8. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I think you have the serial wrong.
    You could try the file I made for @Pierre Lalancette :
    https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/6-dof-from-scratch.9409/page-35#post-185967
    I think he's using the same setup.

Before opening a file, version 2.5 has a bug, you need to delete all before opening the file, or rename it to lastsetup.Flyptmover and put it in the Mover executable folder.

Don't forget to change the rig dimensions and com ports.
  9. Pierre Lalancette

Pierre Lalancette Sir Lalancelot Gold Contributor

3D teacher
    Balance:
    7,683Coins
    Ratings:
    +883 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Those are my serial setting. They work with my arduinos and sabertooths.

serial.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. wannabeaflyer2

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi Guys special thanks to @pmvcda and @Thanos for assistance once again . easy when you know what the problem was ----er The operator being a big clue ...

Anyways happy to report Mover is working with My AMC-AASD15A controller setup and i have Movement through my actuators and all under control of FlyPtMover at last .... had to change test laptop PC as it seems the baudrate did not go high enough to talk to the AMC controller ...Could only set it at 115200 max so that why i could not see the Receiving Data message on the lcd and hence no communication ..

Once i changed PC and had the correct baudrate set it was all systems go 1st time ..so big smiles and thanks guys ...

On a side note to make ya'll laugh , i have had my Occulus rift for over year + and only tried it in demo mode , Well today i connected it up fired it up and tried No Limits roller Coast demo (No Motion ) just headset and being deaf no head phones LOL ....well that was a shocker and a half. Talk about blown away at the Impression of movement and the fall off cliff factor damm it was all i expected and then some and this was just one demo track now gonna have to buy full program, actually found myself hanging onto chair the sense of movement was that good and laughing like an old man as school kid would do, Now i begin to understand some of the Hype behind 1st time VR uses cant wait to try this on the 6DOF sometime down the road ..

Sorry to detract from your thread @pmvcda but had such a grin on my face after these two steps that i felt i had to say...back to playtime for me now :)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TSHracing

TSHracing New Member

Balance:
    329Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Thanks, I'll try it and let you know how it goes.
  12. TSHracing

TSHracing New Member

Balance:
    329Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi @Pierre Lalancette , Do you mind sharing the arduino sketch, I want to check if we're using similar code.

Regards
  13. benmax

benmax Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,550Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi ,
    Can't make roller coaster working .
    It works with simltools pluigin and your old inteface to make my 6dof working. Seems may be the plugin .
    I activated the -telemetry launch option into steam game properties . The port 15151 seems to be ok because when launching that is the port listed to activate the telemetry . I don't know if the ip adress is the right one . With plugin simtools it is a not viewed parameters . You just have to drazg and drop the plugin.
    I checked all other parameters but didn't find what could be wrong !
    Thx
    Edit : just tested again with simtools and flypt hexpod interface and it works .
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  14. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi, use the IP of your PC if it's running on the same PC of Mover.
    To get the IP, open a CMD line window, and run "ipconfig".
    Use the listed IPV4 IP.

I have to remove that IP.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Pierre Lalancette

3D teacher
    Balance:
    7,683Coins
    Ratings:
    +883 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
  16. benmax

benmax Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,550Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi ,
    Did what you said and doesn't work . My IP adress is 192.168.0.8 , I checked the plugin window and no data send from game to mover interface .

One more question with your software .
    How to assign for one axis two game effects. For exemple I would like to add for roll , the roll world inclinaiason and roll speed ?
    I know that the values aren't not the same , degres and m/s .
    Maybe it's not necessary but as you developed the software you know what is possible or not
    Édit : to give an exemple i think to a bump on a race Track . If you take the roll car orientation, not sure you have the information.If you have the roll speed or roll acceleration from the car you will have the information .You use the roll speed or acceleration to tilt the sim rig like the real feeling .
    Edit 1 : is it possible to add source using pose noise and select roll speed for exemple . The problem is how to assign this just for one axis (roll ) and not all 6 dof axis ?
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  17. TSHracing

TSHracing New Member

Balance:
    329Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Something is not right, I can move each actuator from SMC3 manually, but I can't move them from MOVER even when I use the setup file that @pmvcda pointed me to.

I'm stuck here and can't think of anything to do.
  18. Pierre Lalancette

3D teacher
    Balance:
    7,683Coins
    Ratings:
    +883 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Have you tried Hexapod, the ancestor of mover? Just to see if you can get it moving with it.

Sorry, I have no other idea for now.
  19. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    No loops for xplane ;-). It was just a test.
  20. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    You need to create two motion windows
    I believe that’s the way to mix different sources on same axis
    • Agree Agree x 1