1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

MY SIM BIKE STEP BY STEP

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by monast, Dec 11, 2008.

1. monast

monast New Member

Mechanical Engineer Consultant Industrial Automati
    Balance:
    359Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    with this Post start our X-SIMBIKE!
    we started a year ago with many doubts, One day my colleague from Barcelona Valentino collaborating in the project told me: I found an internet site that has everything you need, and when I say everything is everything!

And so we met here!
    and Sirnoname, egoexpress & Thanos and helped us to understand and learn, thank you very much masters teachers!

First we start with an idea that we project in Solid Edge to give way,

then the biggest problem was to extract data from games of motorcycles, because they do not exist!
    Little by little that was a dream beginning to take shape and become reality
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKULMLVfTyc

Thanos expect their help to end the copkit of the bike, I am very keen to try out this marvel!!

Thanks a lot guys, is a tough job but the reward is worth!!
    Monast
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Did you set the smoothness for each effect to 0? If not, try it please.

Regards
    Christian
  3. monast

monast New Member

Balance:
    359Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    loses immediacy? and a delay in the response or not has nothing to do?
    Monast
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    All values bigger than 0 do increase the lag! It needs to be set to 0!
  5. wannabeaflyer

wannabeaflyer Active Member

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hi Monast Impressive stuff indeed it never fails to amaze me how sim guys come up with great ideas and thank to the X-Sim interface, it really does seem imagination can run wild and makes these projects reality.. Keep it up guys.
    Big question now 8) what type / size actuators will you need to lift the bike up once its over at full tilt with the rider hanging off For dear life :) , i always asjk about actuators becuase am looking for something for my Aircraft simulator ( 2DOF Project ) :cheers:
  6. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I think your model suffers from the low Profiler1 speed of 33ms as well. With X-Sim² and faster speed your model will move much more accurate and smooth. But for now it is ok. You have to work on your simbike frame now, at first.

Regards
    Christian
  7. monast

monast New Member

Balance:
    359Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, Egoexpress, This simulator is running with a profiler 2, as kids might get less lag?

MOnast
  8. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    If so, your profile needs more tweaking.

Regards
    Christian
  9. monast

monast New Member

Balance:
    359Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Regarding the motors and actuators'm thinking of using two technologies, pneumatic and electric lift the bike because I need a lot of strength and a pneumatic cylinder diameter 50 or 40 would be sufficient because I do not find powerful DC motors that can withstand AVR Hsmb
    Regards
    Monast
  10. wannabeaflyer

wannabeaflyer Active Member

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hi Monast
    hope you did'nt mind my asking, We can mechanically build our dream sims, But it always seem to boil down to finding reasonably priced actuators to move them, being the big stumbling block for th DIY Simmers. Great combination your thinking of. Thanks for the reply to my question Monast
  11. monast

monast New Member

Balance:
    359Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gradually the X-Simbike begins his first steps, many thanks Thanos and Sirnoname and now I'm missing the 3rd axis of lateral movement, its coming!!!!

to improve movement and reduce oscillations I need to know the position of Potis AVR Thanos, I managed to double the port rs232 and the information would help me a lot, ¿ Thanos can you program AVR fireware to extract potenciometers information from 232?

Thanos His work for the 0-10V control is fantastic, :clap: but how can control your AVR, 4 proportional valve using only the two ports, or do I need 2 AVR Thanos?

Tanks alot guys!!!! X-Sim forever....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki_SdcG7Te0

:cheers:

Monast
  12. Ringorumble

Ringorumble Active Member

Balance:
    190Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
    Wow, dont forget the helmet !looks like a wild ride !
  13. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Lol. Thats cool. Makes me laugh when I saw it. :D Look foward to when it is fully done.
  14. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Monast,

Great video! :D

To add another two axis you should better use a second AMC1.5 board. Xsim2 can support unlimited axis, so you can connect as many AMC1.5 controllers you want on a single PC (only limitation is the free com ports, but FTDI USB2SERIAL adapters will also do).

The AMC1.5 works better with two axis since it can deliver two 10bit resolution (1024 positions) PWM channels, while the rest two available PWM channels are simple 8bit (256 positions)...

As I remember, the firmware I gave you has also 10-bit USO parameters on it!! This way, you get true 1024 analog positions for your valves!!!

As I said before the x-sim USO just sends serial data to the AMC. It cannot receive data!! For proper transaction of data between the profiler and the AMC1.5 a special plugin should be written, that require some effort from both Sirnoname's side as well my side to adjust the AMC firmware for bidirectional communication.

Keep up the good work!!!! Can't wait to see it moving in Roll and Yaw axis too!!!! :clap:

Regards, Thanos
  15. monast

monast New Member

Balance:
    359Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dear Thanos, we do not need that you send the potenciometer value to X-SIM. We need that you send to the COM port that value.

After this, the game plugin, go to the COM port to read the value. X-SIM is not needed in this operation because it is not used. Thanos is very important for us to have this value. This would solve the problem of pndeumatic PID. I hope!
    You can do it!!
    :yes:

Thanks a lot!!

Monast
  16. MotSim

MotSim New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello boy, i make the same projec..
    Look here....
    http://www.racingfr.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31164

I need to know what Game is it? SBK or SBK07 or SBK08...
    Because i use Xsim and SBK08, and i cant have information like a accelaration or speed or gear...
    Thank you...

Im french...
  17. monast

monast New Member

Balance:
    359Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Dear Master Thanos, I had a lot of work and now I have time for my Bike simulator,
    Its circuit 0-10V proportional valve works well but the output voltage range is 1,03-9,8 V and 5.95 V in the center for this reason the valve does not work well in positioning, how could we improve for get in the middle 5V (+ -0.1) and in the end 0V instead of 1.03?
    I Food with 19V signal because I have 2 valves, one at each output

If you can help me and fix this, soon I will send video with 2 AVR Thanos and 4 proportional valves running simultaneously in my SIM BIKE, spectacular, we are having good progress!

Thanks a lot from Barcelona!!
    I send to you PM with attach file
  18. ebinary

ebinary New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what did you use for handlebars, and do they have force feedback and analog brakes and clutch?
  19. monast

monast New Member

Balance:
    359Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey guys, here you have the latest update, there is still much to do, but begins to be funny ... Thank you to all the team through the open door to creation. your work is wonderful SIRNONAME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki_SdcG7Te0

Thanks a lot Thanos !!!I need your AVR 0-10V converter is more precise, the center is 6.3 V instead of 5V and 8V not reach the maximum of 10V
    Think you can debug your circuit to get 0-10V

Thanks
    Monast
  20. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Hi Monast,

Amazing job so far!

May I ask how much the porportional valves are, which you are using?

Did you check if some SCN6 actuators could do the job more cost effective and precise?

Keep up the great work!

Regards

Btw, congrats for kicking us out this evening :byecry: