1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Accuforce cogging

Discussion in 'Direct Drive Wheels' started by BljohBljeh, Sep 10, 2019.

1. BljohBljeh

BljohBljeh New Member

Balance:
    32Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How does accuforce feel like when driving?
    My main concern is about cogging / notchiness of that stepper motor. Is it so bad that you can`t position your wheel how you want?
    Or is it not so bad and doesn`t affect your driving?
    Any impressions are helpful!
  2. Brett Loxton

Brett Loxton New Member

Balance:
    306Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have an accuforce and love it. You'll only notice cogging if the motor is powered up but with no game running otherwise it is silky smooth ffb.
    I have a friend who has not only tried but owned nearly all the different dd wheels (except the fanatec and the new sc2) on the market and has pretty much said that unless your going back to back or have extensive use on one than change to another one there isn't enough of a difference to really notice.
  3. BljohBljeh

BljohBljeh New Member

Balance:
    32Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Brett,
    Thanks for your answer :) . Something else came to mind. What strength is "standard" for accuforce, for sc is like 30-50%?
  4. Brett Loxton

Brett Loxton New Member

Balance:
    306Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure what you mean by standard. From what I can tell most people with direct drive don't run them very high overall ffb. I run mine at 70% overall in everything and its a real workout. I have a friend who I gave my settings to, (they've had an accuforce for a few years longer than me), and his first comment was "love this is heavy". I'm pretty sure he turned it back down again after that.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019