1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimTools Presets DCS World 6Dof Preset help

Discussion in 'Game Engine axes presets' started by Denus304, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Denus304

Denus304 Member

Balance:
    600Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone have a 6dof DCS world preset i can try.. i am getting jerky movements enough to nearly throw my back out :)

I have tried smoothing and a little bit of deadzone to try and make it better but i am still only learning this.
  2. J-1775

J-1775 Aviator

Balance:
    1,507Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Is that a Stewart platform that you have? I'm a newbie, too, and would be very much interested in a preset to help against some very jerky movements. However, I quickly learned to fly much more smoothly and "civilian" than before, but gave up dogfights completely...:(
  3. Denus304

Denus304 Member

Balance:
    600Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Yes it is.. I still have not fully found a smooth calibration set in simtools yet but I may play around with it this weekend.
    I will let you know
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,903Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Have you looked at the tuning center?
    Maybe the setting are not quite right for your sim?
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  5. Denus304

Denus304 Member

Balance:
    600Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Yep Yobuddy , i have tried to play with the tuning centre a bit .. it seems that when i try and pitch up and down the sim tries to spasm causing me to do extra movements on my flight stick , but i have not been able to check this as i am still trying to work out the motion cancellation so i will give it a go this weekend sometime hopefully
  6. Denus304

Denus304 Member

Balance:
    600Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I am sure there will be a smoother setting to what i am using ,, just needs to be fine tuned thats all
  7. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,903Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    @Denus304
    How are you setting up the axis assignments?
    Maybe PM me with your settings and I can see if I can help buddy.
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  8. Denus304

Denus304 Member

Balance:
    600Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Yobuddy

I will send them through once i get the motion cancellation working with my new vive pro so i can show you the best settings i have had so far.
    I am having alot of trouble with the vive compared to my old oculus rift
  9. J-1775

J-1775 Aviator

Balance:
    1,507Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Funny, Denus304, with the Vive Pro I can initialize a stable motion compensation almost every time (with some mysterious exceptions, like yesterday), but I have still unsolved problems to get motion compensation to work with the HP Reverb. Maybe I can help you by telling how I do it:
    I use a Vive tracker v2 as reference and have it attached behind my headrest.
    I use one Vive wand to operate OVRIE from within VR.
    The two lighthouses v1 are placed sideways of my seat so that BOTH cover the HMD and the tracker (this is not a necessatiy, but may help). Make sure the lighthouses are at least 100cm away from tracker and Pro.
    I start SteamVR and (mostly) follow a recommendation to go thru steamvr_room_setup before anything else.
    In OVRIE I choose the tracker as "device", motion compensation as "mode" and "zero" in compensation setting. The last click is "apply".
    In 9 out of 10 cases I'm done. If not I usually restart the system...
    Hope this helps.
  10. Flyguy2U

Flyguy2U New Member

Balance:
    18Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Can someone post their DCS preset values for axes and other values? Perhaps, screen shots posted on the forum? Thanks !