1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules
yobuddy

Dirt Rally 2 Plugin v2.3

SimTools plugin for Codemasters Dirt Rally2

1. Martyn

Martyn Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    49Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    I have same problem with DR2 like described above.
    I can run with motion working only until i pause / restart the game, then motion stops and work ONLY TRACTION LOSS (extra1).
    - I´m familiar with hardwareconfig.ini - which is setup correctly (has to be otherwise motion won´t run for even the first time).
    - i tried unpatching, running a race and patching again (no help)
    - i tried removing filters at DOF´s (no help)
    - i tried disabling simtools axis centering (no help, but before disabling this the game engine stuck´s while pausing the dirt and blinked blue, it does not do this now)

Btw DR2 does more strange things - sometimes it even disable force feedback to my simucube completely...

Any ideas? I would really love to use DR2 with my pimax now...:) but i´m starting to hate codemasters, such a great game with amazing content but everything looks just "unfinished":(

Edit: Further more testing today:
    - restart of game only helps (simtools does not need to be restarted).
    - when the game is paused (and resumed), the motion stops working but tuning center still recieves values
    - i think it has something to do with simtools "recentering" funkction - even if i turn this function off the simulator axis centers after pausing the game..
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  2. Piotr Janta

Piotr Janta New Member

Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    @Martyn

Looks like you have to dig in Dirt Rally 2 hardware_settings_config.xml

check ports ( have to be different for each device) , I have 4 telemetry devices , and some of these devices must be prioritized by "delay" option. I also had FFB probelms in my fanatec, but sorted that out. Have you played in DR 1 and used the same devices? You can copy/paste old game montion settings to Dirt Rally 2 config xml.
    this is my montion config part :
    <motion_platform>
    <dbox enabled="false" />
    <udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="192.168.1.11" port="4123" delay="1" />
    <udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" port="29373" delay="2" />
    <udp enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="10" extradata="3" />
    <fanatec enabled="true" pedalVibrationScale="1.0" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" />
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  3. Martyn

Martyn Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    49Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    Thanks, but hardware_settings_config.xml is really not a problem here.
    - IT WORKS until i pause the game..¨
    - tuning center recieves values even after unpause the game, but the motion is off anyway
    - i have simhub also connected and that works without problem

Yes i have DR1 which works ok, tried to copy motion platform section from that just to be sure, no help..
  4. Gup

Gup

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I would love to give it a go.... just got my motion platform. Plan on mainly playing on PC... but I have buddies who can't make the transition and would like to still rally cross with them.
  5. Kranky Pantz

Kranky Pantz Active Member

Balance:
    1,247Coins
    Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Motion platform
    @yobuddy
    Wow, that's great if it works (I'm sure it does)!

I can confirm that the PC version is working well, would love to test out the console version if I had it, but...
    Unfortunately, since they won't be adding VR for the PS4, and the current Steam version on the PC has such terrible VR support, I won't be giving CodeMasters any more money, LOL!!!

One thing which would be interesting and you may want to consider is possibly adding motion for the original DiRT Rally for the consoles as well (the PS4 has PSVR support ;)).
    I think it might even be the same process as what you are wishing to test with DR2.0...since it's the same settings on the PC "hardware_settings_config.xml for both DR1.0 & DR2.0.

If you decide to give it a shot, I can test out DR1.0 on the PS4, and also with the PSVR.

Cheers!
  6. Gup

Gup

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the quick reply, will see how I go. I happen to have Dirt 1.0 on both platforms though will leave well enough alone for now - got to much to do already!

I hear you on the $$ time... they (as in Every publisher) need to get onto crossplay on every title.... making it optional for people who do not want to play with other platforms.... ideally only having to buy the game once.. or at most paying a modest small incremental amount extra to add the option...

Will let you know how I go. Going to try Project Cars 2 first as have friends stuck on xbox there as well... and it seems that should be easier to get working for a beginner like me.
  7. Kranky Pantz

Kranky Pantz Active Member

Balance:
    1,247Coins
    Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Motion platform

I think that you may have me confused with our resident forums & plugin Guru @yobuddy. ;)
    He's the one you want to get a reply from, not me...I'm just a lowly peon here. :)
    Regardless, welcome, and hope you have fun with all of which SimTools has to offer...it's a GREAT community here!
  8. Gup

Gup

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Your right ! Thanks for letting me know.
  9. Gup

Gup

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So no luck with Dirt 2 on xbox - I don't think it provides UDP telemetry - at least I can't detect it and there isn't an option to turn it on in game like there is with Project Cars 2.... I wonder if @yobuddy ever got a chance to look into this? Beyond my skill level!

That said, after a lot of torturous effort I got Project Cars 2 working.... so at least I can race with those guys :) would be so much easier if they would just join us on PC !!! Getting my PC to pull UDP data was a pain! But got there, I tried the assetto corsa udp plug in and followed the manual install instructions... though no luck there. Seems hit and miss at the moment as far as xbox goes.
  10. Sin.Schumi

Sin.Schumi Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 48Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5
    I have the same Problems since Martyn, i think the Pulgin has an Problem...
  11. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,902Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Since I keep getting told "I can confirm that the PC version is working well" I think i need to see some settings from someone that says it does not work.
    Because I'm not having any problems.
    And I can't tell if people just are not used to the slow stop and start function, or if there really is a problem.
    Maybe we could compare settings a bit?
  12. Sin.Schumi

Balance:
    - 48Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5
    @Youbuddy,

I have same problem with DR2 like described above.
    I can run with motion working only until i pause / restart the game, then motion stops and work ONLY TRACTION LOSS (extra1).
    - I´m familiar with hardwareconfig.ini - which is setup correctly (has to be otherwise motion won´t run for even the first time).
    - i tried unpatching, running a race and patching again (no help)
    - i tried removing filters at DOF´s (no help)
    - i tried disabling simtools axis centering (no help, but before disabling this the game engine stuck´s while pausing the dirt and blinked blue, it does not do this now)

Excatly these my same Probelems.....

My Hardwaresettings Config in DR2

<motion_platform>
    <dbox enabled="false" />
    <udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />
    <udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" port="4123" delay="1" />
    <udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" port="10001" delay="1" />
    <fanatec enabled="false" pedalVibrationScale="1.0" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" />
    </motion_platform>
    <physics environmentalDamage="true" vehicleDamage="true" />
  13. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,902Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Please zip up your SimTools folder and send it to me buddy.
    Because I had a couple of emails this morning that everything works fine lol.
    The SimTools folder is here man.
    "C:\Users\(Your User Folder)\AppData\Local\SimTools"
    Thanks,
    yobuddy
  14. Sin.Schumi

Balance:
    - 48Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5
    SO here i go again :) with good News.... I change the VErsion backwards to 2.25 and nowe Dirt 2 works aafter an Break or an New Start

I Think the Version 2.4 has an Problem, i test Dirt 2 2-3 Hours without an issue

Can someone install the Version to and give an Feedback

Cheers Michael
  15. Lehtizup

Lehtizup New Member Gold Contributor

CNC-Machinist
    Balance:
    - 302Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor
    Dirt Rally 2 motion sim in VR worked perfect even before v1.8 update.
    Now after the upgrade in VR mode, the motion simulator does not start at all. The motion simulator works when you switch back to the flat screen mode in the Steam Startup menu.

I guess the game launchname changes vr at startup or similar?

Would it be possible to get the boot problem in VR fixed as soon as possible, that would be awesome. Thanks :)
  16. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,902Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    @Lehtizup,
    Because they added some stuff, I believe the settings changed.
    Therefor I believe you need to unpatch the game, then complete a race and then repatch the game.
    Basically so it will update the settings as needed.
    Let us know how it goes buddy,
    Take care,
    yobuddy
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  17. Piotr Janta

Piotr Janta New Member

Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    Since 1.8 they separated hardware config files, one is for for VR and 2nd for monitor.
    So we need to add/copy all telemetry device there.
  18. kastiel

kastiel New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 230Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    hello, the plugin works well in classic screen version, but it does not work in vr
  19. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,902Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Can someone post an unedited copy of the VR hardware config file?
    The plug probably just needs to look for, and also edit this file too.
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  20. kastiel

kastiel New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 230Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    do you need that?
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><hardware_settings_config deviceId="0x1B81" ve
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019