1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

hexpod 6-dof for Simtools

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by SeatTime, Oct 5, 2018.

1. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,098Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    I would say so:
    Whatever the heave-offset you want to use, after you change it, you always have to bring the AMC bit "Signal Output" to 50% using "Field Orientation" slider.

After having done this on the software side, you look at the angular orientation of your levers, and you turn manually your sensors so your physical levers match this value.

I you have trouble, PM me your config file.
  2. Trip Rodriguez

Trip Rodriguez VR Pilot

Balance:
    3,920Coins
    Ratings:
    +330 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I don't know what 'bring the AMC bit "Signal Output" to 50% using "Field Orientation" slider' means but I might be able to figure it out.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  3. Trip Rodriguez

Trip Rodriguez VR Pilot

Balance:
    3,920Coins
    Ratings:
    +330 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    It's probably something dumb I'm missing but I'm stuck on Step 6:
    6. in "SimTools - Game Engine" under "Axis Assignments" choose "AMC heXpod" as "Axis Type"

I spent nearly two hours doing google searches etc. , I'm sorry to have to ask.

There is no such option, see attached image. I have tried with both Default and DCS profile, and DCS and no limits. Makes no difference.

PS- Also, there appears to be one instruction for X-Sim (not simtools) randomly mixed in?
    "Be aware: to establish the connection between heXpod.exe and X-Sim, copy the x-sim 6DOF.dll file into: "\X-Sim\Interfaceplugins" folder"
    I did everything I could to confirm that this instruction was not for Simtools users, there is no such folder in which to place 6DOF.dll

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  4. Psionic001

Psionic001 Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,002Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 6DOF
    If there is no HexPod option in that dropdown you have NOT installed the HexPod plugin that comes with the HexPod app. You have to drag the plugin on top of the plugin installer.

And then for ongoing updates, follow the instructions #2 of the readme. Someone should update that doc clearly and I’m happy to take a look.

2.) PLEASE UPDATE THE "AMCHexpod_InterfacePlugin.dll" THROUGH "SimTools_PluginUpdater.exe" for future releases.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  5. Trip Rodriguez

Trip Rodriguez VR Pilot

Balance:
    3,920Coins
    Ratings:
    +330 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I did install the plugin via click and drag to the plugins installer, I even did it a second time to be safe. I got a message both times that it was installed successfully. @Psionic001 on what version of SimTools did you confirm the HeXpod option present in the dropdown? I'm on 2.3.1 I think.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, I do have heXpod in the dropdown for interface, just not in the dropdown for Axis Type. Hexpod told me to just use normal or advanced, he has been very responsive and helpful. =)
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    When I was going back and forth testing the latest test version of simtools, I did lose Hexpod from the Axis Type at one time and needed to do a full uninstall(remove all files)/install to fix. Don't know if that will also help you?
  7. Trip Rodriguez

Trip Rodriguez VR Pilot

Balance:
    3,920Coins
    Ratings:
    +330 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hmm... I may try that. Thanks for the head's up!
  8. Trip Rodriguez

Trip Rodriguez VR Pilot

Balance:
    3,920Coins
    Ratings:
    +330 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    @Psionic001 I have uninstalled Simtools completely twice now, and installed the RC for 2.4 and then used the plugin updater with Hexpod's .dll and got success message but still only have 2D advanced, 2d standard, and 2d basic in the dropdown.

It works, but does this mean I'm not getting access to the heXpod specific filters?
  9. hexpod

Balance:
    7,098Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Start to listen and stop spamming the forum. I told you to use standard assignments.
    .dll is for the heXpod INTERFACE

The heXpod assignments were only for labeling clarity. As smoothing and washout from 2.3.1 was not quite “orthodox” I wouldn’t recommend to use it until it gets updated for 2.4.

For any beta and experimental feedback, talk directly to the developers
  10. Trip Rodriguez

Trip Rodriguez VR Pilot

Balance:
    3,920Coins
    Ratings:
    +330 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I am listening @hexpod . =) And it's not spam, I was only responding to the messages of those who were trying to help. I know I've been a pain in the butt with my unorthodox dimensions and such, so no worries my friend!

If you read all the posts above you will see that I asked about it while it was late at night in Europe hoping someone could tell me how to fix it without having to wait for you to get up in the morning. While you were asleep Psionic001 told me that if there was no heXpod option in the axis assignment dropdown I had done something wrong. In the morning you told me by email that it was unnecessary to follow step 6 in your readme.txt instructions, so in the very next post I stated that you had told me to use the generic assignments (which is what what I've been doing) but you never specified whether this was a change and your readme was out of date, or if using the generic assignments was a temporary workaround. After that Seattime told me he had a similar problem and suggested something he thought I should try and I thanked him. That's all!

No spam, just folks trying to help one another out. =)
  11. hexpod

Balance:
    7,098Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    To keep a bit order into it, you may not start to combine and mix up simtools 2.3 with simtools 2.4 beta plan.
    Simtools 2.4 will be a quiet new experience.
    Taking part in a private beta testing, in order to avoid confusion with the users which are not beta testers, I advise you turn your questions and suggestions directly to developers.
  12. Trip Rodriguez

Trip Rodriguez VR Pilot

Balance:
    3,920Coins
    Ratings:
    +330 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Understood. Wilco.
  13. Psionic001

Balance:
    1,002Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 6DOF
    @hexpod I am unable to get the max heave out of my platform using HexPod 2.7 even when the game is maxing 100% heave.
    When I move the slider manually, I see that the travel is allowable and within limits.
    Please see these screen grabs as to how I'm even trying to force excessive heave but the sliders only move a short part of the range.
    It feels like HexPod app has some other limiting filter when seeing the game data.

This heave via the game only moves 68mm up, but you can see the game is outputting 100% of axis used.
    Heave limit game data 68mm.JPG

This shows the manual slider allows 196mm of upwards travel.
    Heave limit manual 196mm.JPG
  14. hexpod

Balance:
    7,098Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    C6AE4823-F916-4AB1-B645-5A5D36AB1F05.jpeg

Axis3a corresponds to heXpod heave slider. It seems fine.
    The reasons why you see the discrepancy between Heave and Axis3a could be:

1.)
    - you use axis limiting below 100 in axis assignments
    2.)
    - you use the percentage below 100
    3.)
    - you use SimTools washout
  15. hexpod

Balance:
    7,098Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    If you use SimTools smoothing with SimTools washout, in some circumstances it can reduce your axis range.

I was asking plenty of times to add an axis gain in the filtering or to increase instead of decrease the percentage of the axis in the assignments. (It went from 150 to 100 between 2.3 and 2.4.)

Having more important stuff to fix, it seems @yobuddy forgot to add the gain or doesn’t want to add it for some reasons.

To compensate, you can empirically judge how much it eats and increase the limit axis intensity in heXpod. Shitty solution but should help.
  16. hexpod

Balance:
    7,098Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    @Psionic001
    IMHO it’s a missing feature. If there is many requests for it, maybe you can hope for a 2.4.1.
    Talk to @yobuddy
  17. Psionic001

Balance:
    1,002Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 6DOF
    OK good solution. I see you aren now understanding my questions about this. :) I'll see how it behaves and report back.

18. Psionic001

Balance:
    1,002Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 6DOF
    @hexpod
    Thanks, I checked your thoughts on why there would be less movement and the axis limiting had been set to 50 which looks like a the cause to me.

• Like Like x 1