1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question sensor optico encoder

Discussion in 'Electronic and hardware generally' started by Chriss, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Chriss

Chriss IntMech

Balance:
    86Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 4DOF
    Hi all
    I would like to get help with this question, I want to build a 2Dof joyrider style, I want to use optical encoder sensors equal to those of home printers, instead of potentiometers for a greater amplitude of degrees, besides using an arduino card UNO R3, if It is possible, a link to see the connection, or in any case use a stepper motor, thank you in advance for your answers.[​IMG]
  2. My.stAr

My.stAr Active Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    1,064Coins
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    Hey mate,
    I'm using optical encoders with Kangaroo x2. The encoders are CUI AMT102. What I tested so far was wonderful.
    I can help you with the wiring with a Kangaroo controller, but not encoder + arduino. There was a thread where you needed two arduino boards to be able to use an encoder with the arduino. Also I cannot help you with stepper motors, since I'm using brushed DC motors.
  3. Chriss

Chriss IntMech

Balance:
    86Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 4DOF
    Hello such, thank you for answering, it is very helpful if you could show me how you made the connection, I would like to apply this to the 360 simulators, so enjoy the maximum feeling in the flight games.
  4. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Keep in mind though that even when using a Kangaroo controller I don't believe its possible for it to control a continuous 360 degree rig on its own since you can't use position mode to do it. Using incremental mode instead might work but you have to supply the increment count with direction instead of position.