1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Newbie here! I just got my DOFReality H3 installed

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Lysergicme, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Lysergicme

Lysergicme New Member

Balance:
    106Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hi there, I'm a newbie here! Just got my DOFReality H3 installed last 2 months and encountered many issues in the process of getting it up and running....

There are some scratches and dent marks on the motors when it first reach, and I noticed the motors doesnt come with an orange color sensor cap as most DOFReality rig that I saw on YouTube. This kinda give me the bad feeling like i'm one of those unlucky customer that received bad products. The help from DOFReality supports are simply cold, they do not answer the question asked... Figured i should drop some question here to find out whether they're normal.

I dont seems to get iRacing's motion/preset right (the motion dont seems aggressive as any other DOFReality rig i saw on youtube) I used the given iRacing preset as per without making any customization on it. How do i know whether my setting/preset is the best/ideal for my rig? Here's are main biggest concern so far:

1) Motor 1 causes the whole rig to shake during Sine, while Motor 2 on the another hand doesnt shake at all. I cant tell what causes this, I noticed Motor 1 and Motor 2 feedback and PWM line not parallel to each other. Is this normal? Here's some video reference for your kind help

Motor 1 with Sine Chart (Notice the shake)

Motor 1, 2 & 3 with Sine Chart Comparison (Notice the difference on feedback & PWM line)

Game Engine output test (Notice the shake from Motor 1)

2) Motor 3 randomly switches off, proven when i put it on Sine in SMC3. Here's some video reference for your kind help:

Motor 3 switched off randomly (Notice the motor stops at 0:52)

Hope to hear from you guys soon, its been months already, help pleaseeee :sos:sos
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  2. Thomas Luzat

Thomas Luzat New Member

Web developer
    Balance:
    56Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If motors randomly turn off and support doesn't cooperate I would go for a full refund as soon as possible, including shipping. I can't give legal advice, I don't even know where you and the company are seated, but you should probably set a short deadline (like 1-2 weeks) for a fix and go for that:

"5. Cancellations and refunds
    5.1 By ordering a non-customized or customized product customer are entitled to a right of refund of the product cost only if the product is not working and was not restored to working condition by joint efforts of the seller and the buyer. Customer can’t get a refund if he just regret the purchase. Shipping and return shipping costs are the customer responsibility. Once sending the product back, customer are responsible for the packing of the product.

5.2 If a refund is requested and accepted the funds will be returned within 20 days."

If you don't, good luck. Most likely fixable, but this shouldn't have to be done by the customer.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lysergicme

Lysergicme New Member

Balance:
    106Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Completely agree with you, im talking to them right now. Lets see where it takes me :(
  4. Vedran Guculj

Vedran Guculj New Member

Balance:
    169Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hello!
    I have the same problem with right motor, i notice when you muve seat with hand there some little gap on shaft where you screw the bolt on the motor!
  5. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,453Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    How did you get on with getting your rig fixed? Did you manage to get the shaking motor fixed or have you ended up getting refund?
  6. SIM Rookie

SIM Rookie New Member

Balance:
    155Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
  7. SIM Rookie

SIM Rookie New Member

Balance:
    155Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hey, I'm looking to buy a DOF Reality P3. In their banner ad below they say their simulators are "plug and play". From what I have read it is not plug and play. My fear is I get this machine and I don't have all the answers to get it up and running the way I want it.

Are forums the only way you get answers to your questions? Does DOF Reality help out? How difficult is it to get your answers. Thanks in advance for your help.
  8. Sloan

Sloan New Member

Balance:
    64Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi for what it's worth, I had a H6 delivered about two months ago and have found the support to be terrific. Plug and play yes maybe, but you'll need to be okay with it not working on the first day it arrives. It takes some building and should maybe be thought of more as a kit. There will be problems to iron out but I've found Igor to be super responsive.
  9. Smollett

Smollett New Member

Balance:
    86Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    You must change the regional settings for windows in the United States.