1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

looking for advice on mounting the timing pulley (for linear actuator)

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by hannibal, May 30, 2019.

1. hannibal

hannibal Active Member

Balance:
    4,489Coins
    Ratings:
    +297 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    i can not for the life of me find anything ideal for my actuator, when it comes to mounting the timing pulley and the potentiometer.

i am not keen on the 3d printed parts, especially looking at sixdegreesofflight's build, i feel like in time, the 3d parts will be subjected to wear, since the shaft rides on the 3d printed part, instead of on a bearing....

i like to find a bearing housing for a bearing that has a 6.35mm bore, im also looking for a part number for a bearing with 6.35mm bore.

at this time im just trying to affix a GT2 Timing Pulley 40 teeth Bore 6.35mm to a pot (or hall sensor)

any suggestions appreciated :)
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
  2. OZHEAT

OZHEAT Active Member

Balance:
    2,458Coins
    Ratings:
    +105 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor
    Plenty of 6.35 id bearing exist.
    Search for " bearing 1/4" id ".
  3. hannibal

hannibal Active Member

Balance:
    4,489Coins
    Ratings:
    +297 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    bearings exist, how ever only one bearing assembly / block looks remotely feasible.
    searching miniature bearing block yield one descent result, and that option is not easy for me to affix to my actuator without more precision holes

i came here to see if anyone had better ideas..

only found this https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12333 , may use this or just develop something from scratch
    Last edited: May 30, 2019