1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules
Icy7CE

Ultrawings Plugin 1.0.2.0

SimTools Plugin for Ultrawings (VR Version)

1. Icy7CE

Icy7CE Active Member

Balance:
    2,792Coins
    Ratings:
    +229 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Did you follow the instructions above to download the right game version?
  2. Guus Franken

Guus Franken New Member

Balance:
    - 51Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino
    I bought it in the oculus store
  3. Icy7CE

Icy7CE Active Member

Balance:
    2,792Coins
    Ratings:
    +229 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I'm not sure whether you can restore a previous game version through Oculus, and I couldn't find anything with a quick Google search. It might only be possible through Steam.
  4. Guus Franken

Guus Franken New Member

Balance:
    - 51Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino
    then I bought the wrong version ..... too bad, but thank you for the effort
  5. Kranky Pantz

Kranky Pantz Active Member

Balance:
    1,247Coins
    Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Motion platform
    @Icy7CE
    Loved your work on this. hug:
    It's a shame that the game update broke the plugin, as it was working so well prior to that.

Today I've posted a comment on the developer's Steam page, adding to a thread which someone else started a while ago regarding motion platform support.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/639130/discussions/0/1777136225040119454/

Unfortunately, they had made a previous comment to the original poster "Nice. But unless they pay for us to support it then I'm afraid we can't divert resources from our next project."

That sounds pretty short sighted, so hopefully my comments may soften their thoughts on the matter.

This is what I've posted in hope of persuading them to re-evaluate their stance on an official telemetry API for motion:

"A telemetry output API would solve the issue for everyone.

A win for the developer with the potential of increased sales from motion platform users of any make or model.

A win for the motion platform makers in the form of another supported title for their hardware, provided they can use the info in order to create a game plugin for their device.

A win for motion platform owners who want to add another motion-enabled game to their library.

Sounds like a symbiotic relationship to me, where every one of the above parties benefits."

I guess we'll see how that goes. :popcorn
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Icy7CE

Icy7CE Active Member

Balance:
    2,792Coins
    Ratings:
    +229 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I posted a comment on that thread as well to try to help the cause. We'll see!
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Kranky Pantz

Kranky Pantz Active Member

Balance:
    1,247Coins
    Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Motion platform
    @Icy7CE
    It looks as though after the developer did this last update it has broken a few things (motion platforms, XBox Wireless Controller, some VR Video/Audio problems,etc.) and is now just walking away from it.
    There are a few posts in the forums of people having issues after the new update, yet no recent replies from the developer...pathetic!
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/639130/discussions/

It's one thing to not support something from the beginning, but to take people's money who have paid for specific features and then later-on break them without taking accountability is just flat out wrong.
    Granted, motion wasn't officially supported, but they have acknowledged that they are well aware that something they did with their new update broke it, yet can't be bothered to work with people to fix it.
    You built it, you broke it, YOU fix it! :mad:
    Same goes for those other devices which are now having issues.

I'll be speaking with my wallet on any future projects, since they have mentioned that they "cannot take away resources from it to fix their last game (Ultrawings) unless someone pays them".
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019