1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Trying to understand output...

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by harwoodr, May 13, 2019.

1. harwoodr

harwoodr New Member

Balance:
    441Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 6DOF
    I'm trying to get data out of No Limits 2 Roller Coaster simulator... all seems good, but I have questions about the actual output...

In axis assignments, I've set up the following (all in the DOF 1 column):

axis1a - surge 100%
    axis2a - sway 100%
    axis3a - heave 100%
    axis4a - pitch 100%
    axis5a - roll 100%
    axis6a - yaw 100%

I'm set for 8 bits (decimal) output - and while standing still at the start of the roller coaster I'm seeing:

a) So, 127 is what I would expect to see in the first three values... where is 165 in heave coming from?

b) for pitch, roll, yaw - those are specifically the orientation angles that I'm seeing, correct?
  2. harwoodr

harwoodr New Member

Balance:
    441Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 6DOF
    Shite, is this where someone tells me that gravity is included in the 165 for heave?
  3. ghidossi

ghidossi Member

Balance:
    - 12Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    hi, output is the command so it not depends of gravity except if you PID function is not setup correctly
  4. harwoodr

harwoodr New Member

Balance:
    441Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 6DOF
    I'm using raw data (extracting the x/y/z/etc. forces) - it's not being directly fed into a PID... so, 127 is the "neutral" and, based on the values in tuning, the extra is the force of gravity (while not moving).

I had asked, and then figured it out... :)