1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question One of your interfaces requires GamerEngine to be restarted

Discussion in 'SimTools Pro & Entertainment Version' started by Cramer, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Rasul

Rasul New Member

Balance:
    94Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5, Arduino
    Hi!
    I have the same problem. I'm also setting up SCN5 interface with two axis and I get the message "One of your interfaces requires GameEngine to be restarted".
    I already checked ID things and it's set up correctly. In fact when I start Game Engine one of the axis goes to middle postion but only one of two. If I disconnect working one COM6 port then not working COM8 axis starts working. So they work separatly but not together.

Attached Files:

2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,906Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Are they both on the same power supply?
    Maybe its going out?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rasul

Rasul New Member

Balance:
    94Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5, Arduino
    Yes, they are connected to the same power supply. But it's a mean well 24v 4a power supply. And I'm able to connect to second SCN5 via Dyadic software
  4. Rasul

Rasul New Member

Balance:
    94Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5, Arduino
    Just figured out that I'm not able to connect to them simultaneously using two Termi-BUS apps.
    Probably they somehow interference with each other. Maybe my auto directon control was somehow messed up. [​IMG]
  5. Rasul

Rasul New Member

Balance:
    94Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5, Arduino

I got them working together. Please watch the video.
    But when I go to SimTools only one of them working. Second COM port is disconnected and I'm able to connect to him via Termi-BUS.
  6. Rasul

Rasul New Member

Balance:
    94Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5, Arduino
    Sorry for many posts.
    But I got both working by SimTools 1 time in 10.
    Sometimes works only first actuator, sometimes only second and rarely working both. :confused:
  7. Rasul

Rasul New Member

Balance:
    94Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5, Arduino
    Ok! I found a problem! It was actually error in auto direction control schematics.
    Now everything is working.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. stefan1958

stefan1958 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    265Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    I have the same or simllar problem as Rasul reported. when I start the game engine , then only one of my 2 dof prosimu snc6 works at a time. both are working but not together. once the left and once the right actuator is working. I had this issue already sometimes in the past but now I have to restart 30 times or so. actually I don' t get both working together at all. everything in my setting is the same as before. and very rarely it works fine... frustrating! I have used different USB ports and a powered hub... but it doesn' t matter. Rasul said "it was actually in auto direction controlls scematics" sorry for the stupid question but what does this mean... is it something in the game engine settings?
  9. Shane Rthrfrd

Shane Rthrfrd New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    57Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Were you able to correct restat game engine issue with your SCN 5? If so,please share diagnosis?