1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question SCM3 and the 220v ac Servo Motors

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by T R Para, Dec 20, 2018.

1. T R Para

T R Para i make stuff up

Retired
    Balance:
    2,436Coins
    Ratings:
    +357 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Could someone modify the SCM3 sketch to run the 220v ac servos sold on Ebay and Alibaba?

I bought one of the setups which includes a motor drive controller, the stepper motor, and a speed reducer. Its looks to be a really nice power system.

Grigory has built a 6dof that looks awesome.
    https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...ct-and-no-linear-actuators-220v-servos.11839/

I know there is a fair amount of interest in this power system .

Thanks.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. douweeric

douweeric Repareric Gold Contributor

Service Engineer
    Balance:
    - 42Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF
    Hi T R Para,

You're right, I'm indeed looking for a sketch for the Arduino Mega.
    I have a Servo Motor of Mige type: 80ST-M02430
    With controller type: DS100S-75-M-5V.
    I can not get it right and am very fond of the Simulator of Grigory.

I get stuck around the Sketch and the wiring diagram from the Arduino to the Motor controller.

I will add the data so that someone can watch and help me.

Thanks.

Best Regards.
    Eric.

Attached Files:

3. caddyboy0103

caddyboy0103 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    11Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Any progress on this? I took a look at SMC3 wiring guide (the picture with pin assignments), and it seems like the wiring is very similar to that of the SFX-100 simfeeback (they used Leonardo board, not Uno).

ENA seems to be the DIR
    PWM seems to be STEP
    Pot could be the servo ENA (enable - SRV-ON)

These are just assumptions I came up with after looking at the motor driver boards and how they connect to the Arduino Uno. I am probably totally wrong, but i have similar motors, 90ST-M02430.

Does the code need to be changed for it to work with linear style actuators like sfx-100?
  4. douweeric

douweeric Repareric Gold Contributor

Service Engineer
    Balance:
    - 42Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF
  5. T R Para

T R Para i make stuff up

Retired
    Balance:
    2,436Coins
    Ratings:
    +357 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    if you have a 90ST-M02430 they do not use pots. Its a digital encoder.
    The Arduino mega board is used because it can pulse much faster than the others.
    The only working system I know of is Gregory's. So you might want to try that first.