1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Iracing no motion .. please help

Discussion in 'SimTools Plugins' started by Denus304, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Denus304

Denus304 Member

Balance:
    600Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi today i completed my sim and it works fine with the output testing so i seem to have all the settings right.
    I have updated the plugins for my controller and iracing and patched etc
    I also used the axis assignments of Vulbas settings as he has posted in the share your axis settings on here.

But when i go to the iracing sim in game i get no feedback.. is there something i need to do after all the steps i have done above?

Much appreciated for any info if someone could please help.. im not sure how to do a screen shot of my settings and yes i have saved the settings as i go.
  2. Guus Franken

Guus Franken New Member

Balance:
    - 51Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino
    My settings in tuning center…..and works fine

iracing.png
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Denus304

Denus304 Member

Balance:
    600Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Guus . I will try this when i get home from work
  4. Denus304

Denus304 Member

Balance:
    600Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    This may have been my problem.. i had never entered anything into the tuning centre because i did not know i had to . I merely just thought i needed to set the axis settings and the patch the plugin for each game.
  5. Guus Franken

Guus Franken New Member

Balance:
    - 51Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino
    You just have to capture the plus and minus, and save settings.
    I changed the surge myself, because I wanted more action when braking and shifting, and not when going uphill.
    So you could make the led at surge blue and capture again (save settings) to see if this works better for you.
  6. Denus304

Denus304 Member

Balance:
    600Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thankyou Guus

I have motion i cant believe it .. its beeen a loong time coming

If i make the values too high does it not respond at all? I tried changing alot of them from 20 to 100 or even 200 but did not get much result

Do you mind sharing with me your Axis assignments ? like the percentages etc .. i have all mine set to 50% but on my Drives i only have my actuators able to extend 25%
  7. Guus Franken

Guus Franken New Member

Balance:
    - 51Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino
    My motion sim has only 2 motors ..... you use 4 actuators, so I don't know if that's the same thing
    But here my settings Roll 40% - Pitch 8% - Heave 30% - Surge 80% - Sway 60%
    If this doesn't work for you, it's best to set each axis individually and test one by one in the game
  8. Denus304

Denus304 Member

Balance:
    600Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guus
    Sorry for the late reply but mine is actually 6 .. I am finding it hard to find anyone who has any presets or even anyone who has a 6dof that uses simtools with hexpod plugin.
    I have tried quite alot of different combos now but i will not give up as each time i try something new i like at least one thing about it! So if i can combine all of them together i will end up with one kickass result.

Thankyou for your info though it has helped :)
  9. Guus Franken

Guus Franken New Member

Balance:
    - 51Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino
    Configure all your axes separately, then it doesn't matter how many axes you have
    But make sure that only 1 axis is on during adjustment, if you have configured all the axes (separately) you can turn them all on
    with this picture it will be easier.

[​IMG]
  10. Denus304

Denus304 Member

Balance:
    600Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Guus

I have it pretty sorted now thanking hexpod and Thanos for this.

The only thing i am not feeling realistic with is the surging and the traction loss

The traction loss does not seem to do anything when i set it to extra1 in simtools -- i think this is just an iRacing thing i guess and when i set it so yaw i get feedback from the rig when i am not supposed to like it just shoves one way unexpected. But some corners it is great it is just like there is the right amount of force throwing to one side.

As for the surging i dont feel any force when braking hard or accelerating hard .. i dont know what to do with this part.

Everything else seems to be great
  11. Denus304

Denus304 Member

Balance:
    600Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I should add that when setting the extra1 instead of the yaw in axis assignments. I get no feedback when doing the output testing.

Would anyone know if i have to set something somewhere else?
  12. Guus Franken

Guus Franken New Member

Balance:
    - 51Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino
    I am using sway for traction loss
    But did you do every axis separately ?
    This way you can feel if de axis work correctly
  13. Denus304

Denus304 Member

Balance:
    600Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Yes i first tried what hexpod told me to do .. he gave me a huge simplified rundown and it seemed to be great but i w as loosing the traction part and the surging
    I only use iracing really

But after that i only chose 1 axis at a time to see what it was doing and it seemed fine .. and under extra1 there was nothing
  14. Denus304

Denus304 Member

Balance:
    600Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    i thought i would try a different game like dirt rally .. and i Use VR so i set it up but i could not get the game to patch in simtools .. i tried adding the launch options with --telemetry but it keeps saying in simtools to do a race and choose a path etc .. i tried all of these