1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DEScribe and Sim tools not homing to center

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by PaulB, Mar 19, 2019.

1. PaulB

PaulB Titanium2dof

Balance:
    723Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi: I'm using encoders, Kangaroo x2 and Sabertooth 2x32. Live test, Tune worked. Rebooted.
    These are my settings. Can you see where my settings wouldn't allow it to home at half way?
    Homing All Inputs.PNG Homing Positioning.PNG
  2. Grigory

Grigory Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    212Coins
    Ratings:
    +304 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, 6DOF

I do not think it is supposed to center after homing. Instead, it moves to one of the limits (which is at minus something coordinate) and backs off a little to get to zero.
  3. PaulB

PaulB Titanium2dof

Balance:
    723Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thanks for the response. I'm so close to doing laps again!
    It's doing that on com 3 M3
    and Com 5 M1, so I think they are ok. On Com 5 M2 I getting this when I try live speed. Homing Simtools live speed.PNG
    Also when I run Simtools M3 and M1 only hit the limit switch and back off a bit.
    Simtools settings.PNG Any ideas?
    I'm so close to doing laps again!
  4. PaulB

PaulB Titanium2dof

Balance:
    723Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I have DEScribe working and Simtools finds the 3 limit switches on Output Testing, but isn't centering!

Any ideas?
  5. PaulB

PaulB Titanium2dof

Balance:
    723Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Figured it out. Simtools Error. This corrected it if your running encoders withe Kangaroo Simtools Encoder Kangaroo x2 3dof.PNG