1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

X-Plane 11 6DOF motion platform

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by SixDegreesOfFlight, Jul 10, 2017.

1. whatthecrappin

whatthecrappin New Member

Balance:
    165Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    Started off small and built an arduino controlled screen mover for a pinball machine (swap between mame and pinball on the backscreen) ....now I want to go for the bigtime and build my dream - pretty much what you did!
    Are there any components you would change before I essentially just buy your shopping list (Also located in Melb Aust) so I figure I just copy your build and not worry about voltage limitations etc
  2. hannibal

hannibal Active Member

Balance:
    4,489Coins
    Ratings:
    +297 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hello

i was trying to decipher from the videos how you hooked up your arduino to the sabertooths 2x60's..

i learned arduino 1 will be interface 1 on simtools followed by arduino 2 for interface 2.. etc. via serial output...

now for the wiring..
    i see that the sabertooth 2x60's 0V and S1 contacts are hooked up to arduino GND and pin 13.

pot #1 is hooked up to 5V, analog A0, and GND ???
    pot #2 is hooked up to 5V, analog A1, and GND ???
    Cap #1 0.1 uF capacitor between analog A0 and GND
    Cap #2 0.1 uF capacitor between analog A1 and GND

is this correct?

your whole thread was inspiring, overwhelming and magnificant at the same time... THANK YOU FOR SHARING
  3. Pierre Lalancette

Pierre Lalancette Sir Lalancelot Gold Contributor

3D teacher
    Balance:
    7,683Coins
    Ratings:
    +884 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. hannibal

hannibal Active Member

Balance:
    4,489Coins
    Ratings:
    +297 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    most helpful! its just that in the 2x60, the manufacture manual talked about having an inductor and capactor RC network in analog mode... and sixdegrees had the cap.. so i just wondering...
  5. Pierre Lalancette

3D teacher
    Balance:
    7,683Coins
    Ratings:
    +884 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I think it can only be used with 2x30 Sabertooth. I'm using batteries because it is the only choice with 2x60 Sabertooth.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. George Dobransky

George Dobransky Active Member

Balance:
    - 19Coins
    Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi Guys,

I have set my rig with xplane 11 as the other game rigs, but I have an issue with the heave. At tuning center it has a value with about +- near to 1, (means 1g, i believe),
    should be OK, meaning we are at earth with 1G gravity. But it is resulting at me my platform set a bit higher than middle position about heave
    force. Is that any possibility to 'trim' that force closer to the physical middle point?

Any suggestions?

Thanx,
    George
  7. Pierre Lalancette

3D teacher
    Balance:
    7,683Coins
    Ratings:
    +884 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Search for Hexapod Interface. I takes Simtools values and reinterpret them using filters if you want. Heave could be tone to 0 with a high pass filter. Also, there is values you can set to change your Center of Rotation. I guess it can help you set your center height of heave.. No matter what, it worth to check it out.
  8. George Dobransky

George Dobransky Active Member

Balance:
    - 19Coins
    Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Pierre,

Thanx for info!

Cheers,
    George
  9. hannibal

hannibal Active Member

Balance:
    4,489Coins
    Ratings:
    +297 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    hey... anyone know the nut size for the ZP100A diode? closest info is M16, but i dknow know what pitch...

**update** M16 x 2.0 is what i found
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  10. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    It's been a long time, but will there be a third part? Can you still recommend this setup/engines setup today? Because i saw on youtube that you built a SFX-100 rig.