1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DOF Reality H6

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by gWest, Feb 26, 2019.

1. gWest

gWest always remember: superheros fly head first

Athlete
    Balance:
    126Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Hi guys,

I just took shipment of the DOF Reality H6 platform and am looking forward to getting started on it. I am upgrading from the ProSimu T1000 3 DOF (ok so my girlfriends' father wanted the 3dof so we could race together and I saw an opportunity hehe)

I've looked over the forums here as well as places like Reddit and haven't seen much posted. It looks like the DOF guys have made a good product for the most part with their 3 dof series with only minor issues as long as it was used as recommended.

I was curious if anyone in here had made the jump to their H6 or P6 series and if there were any thoughts, tips, or tricks. I'm also curious if anyone has played with the throw length on the motor arms as there are a couple of holes. Someone may need to check my math but it looks like using the shorter throw hole increases the useful load from about 220 to 321 lbs while decreasing the maximum tilt angle from 14 degrees to 9 degrees. However, I'm also curious what other users would think about this change increasing the life of the motors. Anyway, I just wanted to get this thread rolling.

Thanks in advance!
  2. born2bslow

born2bslow Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    272Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform
    Would be really interested if you could post your views of the benefits of the H6 over the Prosimu. I'd pretty much made my mind up to go for the Prosimu T1000 3dof over the dofreality 3dof due to it's footprint more than anything else. Now the H6 comes along and I'm winding up to drop the cash with a new contender to think about. I know it's a step up in price, but I'm seriously considering going 6dof...mainly for racing and ED not full on flight sims.
  3. RCFlyer

RCFlyer Member

Balance:
    137Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Now that you have had your H6 for a while, how do you like it? I have had an H3 for a couple years and experience the slack in the motor worm gears. Do you have or sense any slack in motor gear systems? I use the H3 for flight simming. Any comments about the H6, build quality, tuning issues, motion, etc., would be appreciated.

Regards,

Danny
  4. Mpmo

Mpmo Member

Balance:
    1,288Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 2 / -0
    i too would like to know if it was a good upgrade or not!
  5. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,453Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Me too!
  6. Grease

Grease New Member

Balance:
    188Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    looking forward for a review , it is worth it to upgrade from h3 to h6?
  7. Mpmo

Mpmo Member

Balance:
    1,288Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 2 / -0
    Literally no one has made a review on it going from a p3/h3 to a p6/h6....so annoying