1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Miniature motion platform

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Kenza, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Kenza

Kenza New Member

Balance:
    126Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hello everyone ! I hope you're having an excellent day.
    So, instead if working on a 3DOF flight simulator I decided to start with a miniature motion platform in order to understand how it works before starting the project..
    The miniature is much more simple and practical.. However, I was hoping to get more information about the control part. Is it possible to use the same wiring (Arduino+MonsterMoto) and arduino code (SMC3) ?
    I will be using small servos btw, and simtools of course.
    Thanks a lot !
  2. bixler13

bixler13 Member

Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I just made a mini platform to test simtools with mini 9g servos. You wont need the MonstorMoto for the servos as they can be powered and controlled via PWM directly from the arduino itself. Depending on the size of the servo you might need to add external 5v power, but if they are little 9g servos you should be okay just using USB power.
  3. bixler13

bixler13 Member

Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
  4. Kenza

Kenza New Member

Balance:
    126Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    @bixler13 THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH it really helped !!! I will test the results I've found as soon as I can and keep you guys updated !
  5. Kenza

Kenza New Member

Balance:
    126Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
  6. Kenza

Kenza New Member

Balance:
    126Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    BIG THANKS TO @eaorobbie, @aarondc and @Jun for making things possible for me ! You rock guys !
    This is what I'm going to test.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  7. Wilson Rios

Wilson Rios New Member

Balance:
    473Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Thanks a Million Kenza!
    You are the only person that provide complete and correct working directions here.
    Most of the other threads have either pre-history and incorrect directions, or for the most part people providing bits of information, so you have to guess the rest.
    Thanks again for taking the time sharing it, and I hope I come across with more people like you in the forum!

Cheers!
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  8. Kenza

Kenza New Member

Balance:
    126Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    image.jpg
    You are very welcome ! I'm glad you found my thread interesting ! :thumbs
    BTW I did it ! I only need to test the program.. I will keep you updated.
    • Like Like x 1