1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Wanting a Low Cost 6DoF System (UK)

Discussion in 'Marketspace - Marktplatz' started by UnrealSimulator, Aug 13, 2018.

1. UnrealSimulator

UnrealSimulator Unreal Engine Dev.

Engineer
    Balance:
    145Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    Hello Simulator enthusiasts,

I'm new to this site and am already inspired by the amazing work people here are doing! I'm learning computer game design and have for the past month and a bit been developing my own flight simulation game. I would like to take it to the next level and add a 6DoF motion platform, but unfortunately, they are typically a bit out of my price range of 3000-4000£ (I live in the UK). I have some mechanical and electrical skills, although probably not enough to build my own rig from scratch, meaning, I think the best strategy would be to do a repair job on a second hand or broken system. I've heard of people buying unfinished systems from China at a good price and then fixing them up. This would definitely be a possibility for me but it would be more practical to just pick one up from somewhere in the UK. So:

* Is there anybody in the UK who would be willing to sell me a low-cost 6DoF platform?
    *Does anybody have any advice about where I should look (Arcades, Theme Parks, etc)?

Thank you to anybody who takes the time to read this, I hope I haven't wasted it :).
  2. Leandro Tercette

Leandro Tercette Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    176Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, AC motor, SCN5, SCN6, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF