1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom 2DOF motion base for Playseat

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Jymä, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Jymä

Jymä Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    184Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    GameVibe and everything have been working well now. Dual bass shakers feel pretty sufficient but I think that it would benefit from a dedicated bass shaker with good hz range just for rpm. Here's the first video of the current setup (dash has wrong values after updating game plugin, I haven't tweaked it yet):

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jymä

Balance:
    184Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I finally finished a DIY handbrake following this Youtube tutorial:

My rig didn't really have any place to mount it so we needed some modifications. Easiest way would have been to weld a mount, but we didn't really want to carry the rig out of home. Solution was that my friend laser cut a boltable bracket and my brother welded the aluminum handbrake arm to a different angle. It turned out great and is a great addition to Dirt Rally especially. Analog works there so no more on/off feeling. It's decently stiff too. It was almost the same trouble to make a DIY handbrake than to buy a complete one because of the missing mounts. I think it ended up costing around 50€. :thumbs

IMG_5650.JPG _ IMG_5658.JPG _ IMG_5667.JPG
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  3. Jymä

Balance:
    184Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I received Samsung Odyssey+ VR headset last week and have been testing it for some time now. My previous VR experiences were with Oculus DK2 and I have to say that the quality and costs have reached the level that there is no going back to TVs or displays. The sim has such limited movements that motion cancellation software isn't really necessary either.

AC graphics were easy to set up with SteamVR and game menu, but I think resolution is not quite up there with Dirt Rally yet. It requires Oculus Home and Revive to work with SteamVR and WMR (o_O) so maybe one of them need some tweaks.

Here's a short video of my brother driving AC. Sorry for the quality (Whatsapp originally).
    https://streamable.com/uxanf

What a time for sim gaming. Next I'm waiting for load cell pedals from Feel VR kickstarter. Maybe should start saving for a DD wheel too. I also need to step up a little with forum activity to be able to update my plugins (or buy the supporter package). :oops:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. AussieStig

AussieStig Member

Balance:
    207Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hey mate, very interested in the Odyssey's tracking performance. I would like to know if you used the DK2 on this rig as well and if so, what the tracking was like when comparing it to the inside out tracking of the Odyssey +? Looking forward to your reply, cheers, AussieStig