1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question SimXperience GS4 seat. Can SimTools run this hardware?

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by MAYAman, Jan 15, 2019.

1. MAYAman

MAYAman New Member

Balance:
    97Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Firstly apologies for the noob question but I have been asking other sim racing friends and no one knows. I have a GS4 seat and would like to experiment adding more motors and paddles of different sizes. I’ve moved all the hardware to a proper racing seat but want to explore adding more.

Is there a way I can use the GS4 motors/power supply/circuit board with Xsim? What would I need to do to add more panels? I’m a total virgin with X-Sim so please be gentle. :)
  2. AussieSim

AussieSim Member

Balance:
    1,452Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/simtools-and-simxperience-gs-4.7050/
  3. MAYAman

MAYAman New Member

Balance:
    97Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  4. AussieSim

AussieSim Member

Balance:
    1,452Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I don't have a GS-4, but I am sure there was several members here who would like to see photos of your mod :)
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. T R Para

T R Para i make stuff up

Retired
    Balance:
    2,436Coins
    Ratings:
    +357 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    I am not 100% sure what you are trying to do. But I have built a DIY type GS-4 using a Arduino board and high power 24volt servos.
    https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/g-seat-where-to-start.12770/

If you are just needing to add additional servos (HS-805) you can simply use a heavy duty Y connector. Many vendors sell them here is an example. You will need heavy duty which means 22 gauge wire.

https://www.ebay.com/i/192079411463?chn=ps
    If you want to use x sim you will have to ditch the Simexperience control box.
    Then use a $10 arduino uno to control the servos. The meanwell power supply is reusable. The drawback is the mass of wires / rewire you will need.

more than willing to help:cheers
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MAYAman

MAYAman New Member

Balance:
    97Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

^^^That is exactly what I needed. Thanks! When I’m done I’ll post pics.
  7. HoiHman

HoiHman Active Member

Mechanic
    Balance:
    330Coins
    Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -0
    The servo control center board does not allow more than 16 servos Will as far as i know.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. MAYAman

MAYAman New Member

Balance:
    97Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Henk,

Do you know of better motors? I know you upgraded your seat. Could you PM me?